Chapter 5

Madison's P.O.V

I went to bed crying myself to sleep that night. I wasn't used to it, i wasn't used to feel my eyes burn as I woke up in the morning.
I got up and went to Starbucks not knowing why it was the first place I wanted to go to when I woke up.

The hot guy was there and the butterflies came back.
"Madison!" He beamed as he saw me.
I just smiled at him.
"Wow... did you cry? Your eyes are red and puffy..."
I didn't wanna think about it but he made me fell safe.
"Kinda"
"Let's go talk." He said coming out from behind the counter handing me the cup of warm dark coffee.

We walked side by side for a few minutes before he started speaking.

"I'm Thomas by the way." He smiled.
"Nice to meet you Thomas." I chuckled as I looked straight in front of me.
"So tell me why you cried. Tell me why you wasted tears on an unknown cause."
"Are you trying to sound poetic?"I said as I exploded in laughter.
"I thought you could use a little deep convo." He said as he closed his puffy jacket.
"It's getting pretty cold." He said.
I positively nodded my head and thought about about the girl he was kissing.

"So," He said snapping me out of my thoughts "why did you cry?"
"Well it's a long story..." I told him, the truth was that I didn't even know why I cried.
He let me think for a while just walking by my side breathing in the cold autumn air.
"I have a question," I said as I gathered up the nerves to ask him "who was the girl you were kissing yesterday?"
He smiled at me.
"Her," he laughed "to be honest I don't know."
I stared at him not understanding a thing he said.
How could he not know someone he was making out with, I was really confused.

"What do you mean you don't know?"
"I was just bored I guess I went out with her yesterday and broke up last night. I think her name was Rachel... or maybe Jennifer. No sorry Jennifer was the one before-
"What the hell," I said pretty disturbed and disappointed by what he had just said "you are one hell of a fuckboy."