I took pity on his fluster. "Yeah, sure. Why not?"

He looked startled. "Really?"

I chuckled. "Yes, Frank. I'll meet you downstairs at 6pm."

"Awesome."

Shortly after Frank left, the door opened and revealed the interviewer.

___

INTERVIEWER: This interview is being recorded. September 27th of 2014. The time is 12:22PM. This is the first recording of the Prisoner Project for Stockholm Correction Centre for the Dammed. This recording is in relation to Prisoner 143, Nicholas Dementia. My name is Professor Rita Frankfurt, and I will be responsible for the recording of each session.

ARIA: Rita Frankfurt? [snort] Such a unique name. I love it.

INTERVIEWER: [pause] Please. [sigh] Would you tell us your full name and-?

ARIA: You already know me, Mirabel.

INTERVIEWER: This is mandatory protocol. You need to cooperate, Aria. The sooner we get this done, the sooner we both can leave. Please, tell me your full name and date of birth.

ARIA: Why? So they also know how young and dumb you think I am?

INTERVIEWER: [silence]

ARIA: OK, OK. Aria Eden Black. October 3rd 1992.

INTERVIEWER: Thank you, Miss Black.

ARIA: Aria. Call me Aria.

INTERVIEWER: Alright, Aria. Please begin the narration of how the interview went between you and Nicholas Dememtia. Do not leave out any details.

ARIA: It didn't.

INTERVIEWER: You're going to have to elaborate, Aria.

ARIA: It didn't go anywhere. It was barely a conversation.

INTERVIEWER: [pause]

Rita (Mirabel) stopped the recording device and sighed. "Look here, Aria. You might think it's not important but every single detail of your interview is useful. It helps us gauge the relationship between you two, how you converse, any immediate changes in the style of conversation, all that jazz. The people who receive this information are experts."

"I know." I deadpanned.

She sighed. "And I'm sorry for calling you young and dumb yesterday."

I nodded. "You also called me impossibly stupid."

"I apologise for that too."

Satisfied, I smiled. "Apology accepted. Turn the recording back on."

INTERVIEWER: Interview was put on hold because participant needed to use the restroom. Alright, Aria, please give us the narration of what occurred between you and Nicholas Dementia.

ARIA: Naturally, I was terrified and the whole interview was scary. He threatened to, excuse my cuss, shatter the glass and break my fucking neck because I called him...I called him a disgusting murderer.