"What are you doing here?"

She coughed.

"Nothing"

"Umhummm.."

Saying he moved forward. She stood there holding the end of her oni and playing with it. He stood in front of her and took a nice long look at her from her head to toe. She could not help the color spreading on her cheeks.

"Do you have anything except for these langa onis? Nee dagara vere battalu leva?"

"Bava?"

She frowned at him.

"You wear these in Hyderabad?"

Her eyes widened, but then she sighed.

"During college days I used to wear Jeans tops and rarely other western wear"

Jai smirked. Vennela frowned.

"Come down!"

Saying he went down. Confused Vennela followed him.

Jai came down and saw his Athaiyya packing all snacks and stuffs for him. Smiling he went to her.

"Naa tho Vennela ni theesukellana?"

She was taken aback.

"What will she do there ra?"

"Well, she is well educated. She can join my office. Just experience."

"Well educated? Aa thingardi ah?"

Jai turned to see his Mavaiyya. And he chuckled. Then he saw Vennela coming down the stairs holding her oni end and playing with it.

"Well Mavaiyya! What is in education? Pelli ayi.. Putte biddaliki ABC lu 1 2 lu nerpiste chaalu kada? I think Vennela will pass there"

Vennela stood there scowling at him. He chuckled seeing the other confused faces. Then sobered looking at his father who came there.

"Why do you want to take her with you?"

"It would do good for her to learn certain things nana. I heard that you are looking for NRI boy for her."

"Idi Aata kadu Jai, Aada pilla."

"I know. I will take care of her. And Amma will also be there"

Deva's face closed. Jai wanted to bang himself. But this had to be done. He clearly could see his parents' love for each other and he wanted them together.

"Okay! Be careful. Lakshmi?"

Vennela's mother nodded. Jai looked at Vennela who gave her this big smile nodding her head.

Vennela was packing her bags happily not minding her mother's

"thappimchukodaaniki Hyderabad velladam kaakapote nee chadavuki udyogam ente?"

God how she wanted to strangle her mother who always did this to her. She was not interested in studying further. But it does not mean she is a complete wasted case in studies. She did have a degree. Well that was after so much struggle.

But what to do? She was so immersed in this home and she was not interested in sophisticated studies and big big job outside this place that was her world. But who understood her?

At that moment she felt something and turned to see her bava standing there leaning on her room door frame with his hands crossed across his front. She stood like a statue with her one of her langa oni set in her hand.

He moved to her in a slow but steady pace while Vennela stood unmoving. Since her room was close to the garden side of the house and since her room window was open, a very nice pleasant breeze blew. Vennela's oni she was wearing moved aside for the impact and gave him a view of her waist and navel.