CHAPTER ONE.

............ Men are slower to recognize blessings than evil__Titius Livius..........

   "Oh brothers!. Come and look at what I have found in the fields!" Maria shouted out to her brothers,who were fishing by the river. As soon as they heard her voice, all five came sprinting towards the fields.

When they got to the field, Maria shoved apart the long grasses to get a closer look at trails of blood there. The sight made her turn pale but what laid at the end made her weak to the core.

Abel,her eldest brother, pushed Maria to Aaron,her second brother, who held her tightly by her wrist so she wouldn't go any farther. Abel followed the blood trail until alas, at the end was a man in an armor with blood gushing out of his injuries.

  Maria gasped at the awful sight whilst her brother held her farther away from the bloody body.
"Let me near him, Aaron, he is still breathing." She told him when she saw that he moved his hand. Unsure, Aaron looked at Abel with firm eyes while Abel replied, "Let her.".

And when his hand left her wrist, she hurriedly dashed near the badly injured man.
Maria knelt down beside him and looked at him well.

  The poor man had sustained deep cuts all over. The huge cut in his side seemed to have been the deepest of them all. His armor was unable to reach his sides, therefore resulting in a wound far deeper than the others on his body.

With all the armor and wounds, he must have been a soldier returning from a deadly war and the blood-stained sword in his hand which had blood streaming down it proved the theory.

She placed her thin hand on his neck searching for a pulse, just like her mother had taught her, but she could not find nothing to indicate life. .

"Is he alive?", Abel asked impatiently. He had always been the hasty one out of the six of them.
"Patience, Abel. I saw him move.", She told him.

"But he is not anymore. Go home while we bury him." He commanded.
While she was getting up away from the man, his bloody pale hand caught in such urgent manner that terrified her.

"H__he__lp...", He managed to croaked out.

With wide blue eyes, she looked at her brothers. "He is still alive."
"Barely", Michael, her third brother, said.
"And he will not be for long if we do not hurry.", She said with pleading eyes.

"But we cannot allow a stranger into our home.", Aaron protested.
"Does it matter if he was a stranger or not. If we leave him here, I am certain he would bleed to death."

"We cannot take such a risk. It is too dangerous.", Michael said.
"Yes.", The other four brothers agreed.

"Oh. But do not run to me when there is a ghost haunting you."
"We all know ghosts are not true. Just old stories to scare poor children to sleep and we aren't children anymore."

"Oh my. They indeed do. You just have not seen one before, he would be the first."

"I rather we listen to Maria I do not want any ghoul haunting me.", Issac, her fourth brother said as his lips drew into thin line in fear.
"I agree.", Aaric, her fifth brother, nodded his head hastily at Isaac's comment.

"Alright. We shall take him home for treatment but once he is well, he shall be on his way."
"Oh thank you, brother."she said happily, "Issac, Aaric, help him into the house.", Her two brothers stepped forward, bent down and roughly carried him like a bag of beans.

"Carefully.", She warned them.

****

Thank you for adding this book to your library. I really hope you enjoy it, it's my first published book so all comments are appreciated.

I would also like to thank inkzerospace for making the time to go through this book for me.

Don't forget to vote and comment.