18. Monument Point

Start from the beginning

“Oh, you don’t know why?” His right brow rose up in a mocking manner. “Don’t you know that the more you kiss, the pinker and redder your lips would get?”

Really.

“Wow,” She joined in his charade by feigning a bewildered glare. “You must be a bad boy then. For yours to be so red–, oh please faking my surprise isn’t even working,” Her pretense broke down like a punctured, deflated tire. “You, kiss a lot? And you kiss like that after such extensive experience? You know your character kissing in video games, don’t count right?”

“What?” He jerked back in amusement, withdrawing his hand from her hips. The moment he did, she felt a wave of cold air hit her. His arms indeed were home. “Why the hell would you make such joke?”

“You play the Sims, Dayo. You’ve told me before and I know they kiss in that game.” She drawled. “BTW, the Toons in that video game kiss even way better than you do. Believe me, I’ve seen it – it’s so thorough. I even wonder why they rate the game 12+”

“Really, do I kiss that bad?”

Aww.

She could sense the disappointment, and insecurity in his voice and it only made him more – adorable and cute. Of course, he wasn’t as bad as she put it really but her earlier statement was very true though. Those Toons in the video game could kiss way better than he could.

“Yes, and I only love–like you more for that!” Damn, she thought as she strode over to him and planted herself into his arms. She really had to get a hold of her speech, before she said something she wouldn’t be able to take back. “Because I get to teach you how. It’s fun, believe me.” She added, before entwining her fingers in his disoriented hair and pulling his lips down to hers.

She teased his lips gently in a slow, sensual way before jolting up the tempo a notch and invading his mouth. Her lips found its way to the cut she made earlier on his lower lip, and she sucked gently at it – reopening the wound and inducing a fresh flow of blood. She didn’t know what came over her, but she did it anyway. She drank in the taste of his blood, and it only ignited her blaring systems further with want and judging by the moan that escaped his mouth – the action was torment for him also.

His hands travelled down to her buttocks, and clutched it tightly before he swirled around and placed her on the counter. His right hand shot up to the crane of her neck, nuzzled it and he took over the steering wheel of the kiss from her. The kiss echoed of immense want and the estranged nature of contact in their relationship.

When she let out of a muffled squeak, he let his lips roam down to her collarbone. She had never been conscious of every single atom within her body before.

“You know,” She whispered, when his tongue began a tease on her shoulders. “The bed-room isn’t so far, and it isn’t really morning yet. Perhaps, we could–you know, take this to a more comfortable place.”

While uttering the statement, she indeed had the fear that the action had the possibility of bringing a stop to their current steamy activity, and it did. Her heart sank as he pulled away, his arms however still locked on her waist.

“You know we can’t do that,” He swallowed as their fore-heads met, and his gaze lingered on her lips. “We both agreed that you would respect my decision on that.”

She bit her lower lip in disappointment, totally oblivious to the effect it was exerting on Dayo. “Yeah, we did but I just–you know, that was a long time ago. And I just thought things had changed a bit, right? I mean we’re not in the same stage as we were before, and I was hoping that perhaps that had changed too. Or didn’t anything change for you?”