8. Pillowtalk

Sharing pillow talk with the wrong people can make a hard bed to lie on, and will surely lead to nightmares in your relationship.” – Carlos Wallace.

•••

“...Hahaha, I wouldn't exactly put it that way. I just-it's just my own sort of taste you know. No one out there should be crucified for liking something on the contrary. I've stated the sort of qualities i want in a woman, and although they might sound applicable to every single man out there since it might be the basic formula of raising an upright family, but yet there would still be flaws here and there. No woman can be perfect, you asked me for the qualities I want and I've stated them. You don't exactly expect me to list out the flaws, because it's something I don't want but I would definitely have to deal with.”

“So, you're saying it's alright for a woman to be lacking in such areas like – culinary skills, moral standards, feminine and parental qualities? Just because their human and subjected to flaws?”

“No, don't get me wrong. I'm using this note to appeal to the women out there who might not be in possession of these qualities – you aren't exactly wrong on the issue. Surely, no one is lacking in every area single area. You know, that's why there is growth and development. Some would pick up these things as they get married, because their spouses might be that lenient. Some men might not be like that, so this thing is really complicated. No one can state for sure that this is how this is gonna be, and that is how that is gonna be.”

“Okay, so are you on the wagon of men who would be lenient and accept such shortcomings in your spouse, or you're the type that wants a ready-made woman.”

“Very funny, I–uh of course no man would sit down here and tell you they would be lenient with such, but at the end of the day – some of them would. Meaning I don't know the answer to that question yet. Love is such a strong feeling, I can't start stating how my course is going to progress when I'm not even in love yet. So maybe, when that time comes – I'd be able to answer that...”

“I thought you said you wanted to watch a show based on fitness and health.” Anjola announced, as she emanated from behind the couch and slumped into it, just by Tiolu's right. In her friend's hands were a couple of disorganized documents and ledgers. “Pass the stool for me, please.”

Tiolu reached out for the stool by her left on the couch, and lifted it into the air before dropping it in Anjola's front.

“And I thought you said you had a lot of work to do, work which doesn't include taunting me about what I'm watching.”

Anjola shook her head, as she edged forward on the couch and wrapped her legs round the stool. “I'm your friend, Tiolu. I'm always here to point out when you're being immature and illogical, especially when you don't want to hear it.”

Tiolu transferred her gaze from the TV to her friend, briefly. “See who is talking about immature. Elephant calling a Lion – fat. How do you think any man would feel if he comes into our apartment, opens up your laptop and stumbles upon the inordinate number of anime shows you have on it. It might be action which is pretty much a beloved genre by the male gender, but I don't think they're looking for another male in a female.”

Anjola snorted, refusing to lift her gaze up from work. “Oh, I'm being crucified now just because I love watching anime. Tell me, Tiolu what's the fun in being so – girly like you are. Besides, everyone has this immature side to them. They shouldn't be crucified for that, and really – Elephant calling a Lion, fat? You couldn't just stick with the good-old – kettle calling pot black.”

“You know me, I love being innovative.” Tiolu tittered in mischief, before shifting her attention back to the TV. “So yeah, you said it – there is this immature side to everyone. So why are you crucifying me for being immature about this? What's so wrong in watching an interview of Dayo on TV?”