Thought about us

Credit to Simplysidemen

Y/N's POV

I stepped into the elevator and adjusted my bag strap onto my shoulders. I texted Will to tell him that I'd be up in about two minutes. My heart fluttered at the thought of him and what we had planned for the day. Will and I had been friends for a year and during that year we had just perused a friendship, I'd be lying if I wanted more than that. Even though we were friends we were very close and by close I meant that we cuddled and we were very touchy. I knocked on his door and was pulled in almost immediately and was engulfed by his warms arms.

"Hello." I laughed when I tried to pull away and he wouldn't let go. He shut the door and waddled towards his bedroom.

"I missed you." He said once we plopped onto his bed.

"We saw each other three days ago." I giggled into his chest making him pull away.

"What you don't want to be here? You can leave if you want to." He frowned.

"I didn't say that and even if I wanted to you wouldn't let me." He laughed and pulled me back into his arms. We then into a discussion about what we were going to do the rest of the evening. I had arrived there around four and we just decided to watch Netflix until about seven as we had booked a dinner reservation.

I went into the bathroom and made myself look decent before emerging back into his room and picked up my bag. I walked into his living room and saw him in a black buttoned up shirt and black jeans. To say he looked good was an understatement. I walked over to him with my mouth wide open.

"Look at you! What's all this about then?" I stood in front of him and smiled.

"It is quiet a fancy restaurant but why are you talking about me? You look so much better than me!" I looked away shyly.

"I just put on whatever looked good."

"It's like you don't even try Y/N." He took my hand and kissed the top of it. I laced my fingers with his as we walked out of his apartment and to the elevator. We got into our Uber and drove to our restaurant.

We got admitted to our seats the minute we walked into the restaurant. We placed out orders for our drinks before being handed the menu. Will and I made small talk about our food before the waiter came back. We gave the waiter our orders and we then stayed silent for a little bit.

"Why are you staring at me?" I questioned him, making him break his gaze and chuckle nervously.

"Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to." I smiled at him and shook my head.

"I thought there was something wrong with me for a second." I took a sip of my wine.

"There could never be something wrong with you. You're too cute for that." He smiled at me, causing me to giggle slightly.

We were sat in the restaurant up until closing time. Our meal was filled with laughter, smiles and giggles. By the end of the dinner we were a little tipsy but we were sober enough not do anything stupid. It was too late to go home so I decided to sleep over at Will's place. Once we reached their front door the light was on in the living room. We greeted Gee and her friends before we went to his room. I went to remove my makeup and washed my face. I got dressed into something more comfy.

Will was already in bed and once he saw me he patted the empty space beside him. I walked over and sat down, pulling out my phone out of my pocket in the process. He put his arm around my waist and pulled me towards him. My head was on his chest, I could feel his heart rate going by a mile. We sat in a comfortable silent, both us scrolling through our social media.

"Y/N?" He spoke in a low tone, it sounded it like he was quite nervous.

"Yeah?"

"Have you ever thought about us?" I paused for a while. I never actually thought that this topic would ever come up. Of course I thought about it. I probably thought about it way too much if I was being honest. I didn't know what to say, it took me quiet a while to come up with an answer.

"Forget I said anything." His face went bright red from embarrassment. I shook my head and proceeded to talk.

"I have thought about us, I think about us a lot." I spoke softly, it was almost inaudible. "But what do you mean by us?"

"Like have you ever thought about us moving forward into a relationship." He began playing with his fingers, a sign that he was nervous.

"Yeah, I mean we do act like we are a couple so sometimes I do wonder if we would ever move into something bigger. I mean look at us, we're cuddling." I giggled.

"We do, well I do like you a lot and I really would like to pursue a relationship with you."

"I do too. I think it would be awesome if we did date." I smiled, lacing our fingers together.

"Well then Y/N Y/L/N, would you do me the honour of being my girlfriend?" His smile made my heart melt and I nodded.

"I would love to be your girlfriend."

"Imagine if you said no. God that would be so embarrassing." We both laughed and ended falling asleep in each others arms.