Family weekend

credit to buttercreammaynard:

You were visiting home for the weekend with Will. This was nothing new for the two of you, you had been dating for around 5 years and known each other for forever before that.

You opened the front door to your family home, calling for your parents saying that you had arrived.
After your call, you heard a stumbling and a pitter patter of feet running down the hallway towards you. You crouched down, opening your arms for your incoming 3-year-old niece, Amelia, that was bolting down towards the front door where you stood. She ran into your arms, quickly wrapping her arms around your neck. She giggled as you picked her up, spinning her around.

As quick as she said hi to you she was already asking where Will was. Ever since they first met they were the best of friends, always playing with each other and making each other laugh.
Just as you were about to answer her you heard his voice come from outside the door as he walked through it with your bags for the weekend.

"Of course, I'm here. I wouldn't pass up the chance to see you, you cheeky monkey," he says, setting the bags down and opening his arms.
Amelia giggles at the nickname, and ran into his arms when you set her down. He picks her up and tickles her sides a bit to release all the giggles that she had. She rested her head on his shoulder as he moved to hold her with one arm.

"I missed you guys," she said sweetly, moving to cuddle into Will's warm frame.

Your sister comes down the hall and takes a few of your bags as Will is still holding Lia. 
You move to the kitchen where your parents are sitting with mugs of tea in front of them. You catch them up on a few things that have happened since you last saw them, them doing the same.
There was a small lull in the conversation so you looked over to where Will was and saw him contently sitting on the floor, children's makeup smeared over his face and a pink tiara sitting on top of his fluffy hair.
You sister sees where you're looking and smiles at the sight. 

"He's really good with her. I'm glad you're with him," she says, a broad smile on her face.
 You hear him tell her a stupid joke and poke her in the side to see her cutely giggle.

You were on the sofa watching a movie, a cosy blanket thrown over you. Initially it had been just you and Will on the sofa but Lia had quickly joined you, cuddling up in between the two of you.

Half way through the movie you look down to see her eyes slowly closing and then opening quickly again, trying to keep herself awake. You looked over at your sister, getting her attention and nodding down to the sleeping toddler.

She stood up from where she was sitting, reaching down to lift her up, Lia's eyes opening slowly at the movement.

"Time to go to bed missy." At this a small whine left her mouth.

"Want uncle Will to put me to bed," she said, reaching her arms out towards him, and making grabby hands at him. Your sister gave him a look that told him he didn't need to do it if he didn't want to, but he stood up, lifting her out of your sister's arms and made their way up to her room, the two talking and giggling the whole way.

When he begins to walk out of sight you feel your parents staring at you, cheesy grins stretched across their face at what had just happened.

"Stop it," you say, hiding your face slightly with the blanket that was still wrapped around you.

After a while you go up to see what's taking him so long. You get to the cracked open door and stand in it and hear him reading Lia one of her books, accents and funny voices in full effect, tired giggles from Lia quickly following.
"Right, it's time for you to go to sleep now," you hear him say.
Peeking your head into the room ever so slightly you see him tuck her in as she begins to tiredly babble a little bit.
"Do you love aunty y/n?" she asks.
He smiles down at her.
"I love her a lot. Now it's time for you to go to sleep I'll see you in the morning." He leans down and presses a quick kiss to her forehead, making his way out of the room.
As he kissed her on the head you made your way to the landing area, leaning against the banister. He shuts her door and turns to see you standing there, a small smirk on your face.
He walks over to you, a blush rising on his cheeks, a bashful look on his face. He wraps his long arms around your waist, hiding his head in your neck.
He runs his hands up and down your sides lightly, "How much of that did you hear?"
You laugh, reaching your hands up to run through his messy hair.
"I heard enough," you answered, placing a small kiss on his shoulder.