Secret Mission

"(y/n), I need your help."

Kurapika said while we were sitting at a table in a lonely restaurant. No Melody, just us. He called me to hang out and have dinner, and mentioned that he needed to ask me something important.

"Okay... what is it?"

"Well, I need you to help me get rid of the troupe." Kurapika said with a quiet voice.

"O-Oh." I replied hesitantly.

"I wanted to ask you because you're a fake member, Hisoka's already in on this... and we know that you've been collecting information on them, I just thought that you'd be a big help." Kurapika explained after a moment of silence. 

I didn't know what to say. Part of me likes the troupe, but part of me is against them. 

"I know this is a lot to thing about, (y/n). I know that you have spent a lot of time with them. But if you help me, they'll never know that you're on my side. You'll be working behind the scenes, okay?"

"S-Sure then. I'll help you."

We talked and ate, had a good time. It's been a while since we've seen each other. I forgot how nice it was.

Of course, all good things must come to an end.

"Well (y/n), it's getting late. I'll see you... next time, I guess." Kurapika said.

"Yeah, I'm probably going to text you when I'm bored." I said.

"Okay. Goodbye, (y/n)."

"Bye." I said, giving him a friendly hug.

We departed, and I went back to my home.

"Hey guys I'm back."

"Hi, (y/n)." A few members said. I was quick to notice that many of the troupe members were gone.

I didn't think much of it.

I took a seat on a mossy rock, feeling a set of eyes on me. I knew who it was. The man who I've loved since day one, Chrollo. I do occasionally catch him staring at me. I just pretend like I don't even know that he's watching me.

I absolutely love it how he watches me, even though I feel really uncomfortable when he does.

Oh no... maybe this was a very bad idea. Should I tell Kurapika that I don't want to help him out? 

What am I saying? I'll help him. Just... I'm going to make sure that he doesn't kill Chrollo. That's exactly wha-

My thoughts were interrupted by my phone vibrating in my hand. 

Kurapika?! Please don't tell me that you've already started this mission.... 

I quickly took a step outside.

Chrollo looked confused.

Standing around the corner, I scrambled to pick up the phone.

"H-Hey... what's up?"

"(Y/N), I'M COMING TO PICK YOU UP RIGHT NOW, STAND OUTSIDE. WE NEED TO HURRY." He yelled in my ear.

"O-Oh, yeah I'll be there then."

I spun on my heel, and dashed around the corner until... 

"BAM!"

I ran right into Chrollo's hard chest, looking up to meet his eyes.

"(y/n), who was that?"

"U-UM it was NOTHING."

I sprinted around him and ran for my life. Just as I got to the entrance of the troupe's hideout, Kurapika's car pulled up. I looked behind me, and dodged Chrollo's hand. I got in the car at the speed of lightning, and we drove. 

Woah... did that really happen?

After sitting in the car for a minute, I was still breathing heavily. Suddenly, something in the rear view mirror caught my eye, Chrollo's familiar car was only five cars behind ours.

"K-Kurapika... DRIVE FASTER!"

He did, driving in between cars, making his way through crowds with ease. Chrollo did the exact same.

Kurapika swerved, taking a turn on a lonely road.

"Wrong road! This isn't where your phone says to go!" I yelled anxiously.

It was too late. I felt the sound of crunching metal against a brick wall. One side of our car has been demolished. 

I stepped out of the car, only a few scratches.

"Kurapika, are you okay?!" I asked him.

"I am fine, don't worry."

"Okay, okay it's okay.... no... it-it's not okay...what am I-I going to do?" I said, beginning to cry. 

Only seconds later, I could see in my blurred, teary vision the headlights of Chrollo's car.

I wiped the tears from my face, my hands shaking while I did it. 

Would he kill me if he found out? 

"Ah, (y/n). Sneaking off with another man? I though that you were mine."

"W-Well... I" 

I looked at Kurapika, trying to find the right words to say. 

Instead, I was shocked to see what Kurapika was pulling out of his back pocket. 

He held up a gun, pointing it at Chrollo's head. I watched in horror as Chrollo kept a straight face, acting as if everything was perfectly normal. 

"NO!!!" I screamed, running to stand in front of Chrollo.

Kurapika's eyes turned scarlet, just as beautiful as I remember from the first time we met.

"(Y/N), WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" Kurapika shouted at me, I've never seen his face so intensely full of rage.

Once again, I broke into tears. 

"I-I'm sorry but...I love...h-him." I said in between sobs.

Kurapika lowered the gun, his expression changed from enraged to looking like he had been broken to pieces within seconds. He put the gun back in his pocket, and slowly walked away. I watched him with every step, until he was out of sight.

I felt absolutely horrible. But there was one thing that I knew for sure...

Kurapika loved me so much that... he wouldn't kill his worst enemy just for the sake of me being happy again.

But I broke his heart.