Unexpected Meeting

Today I've decided not to go looking at the city, but just stay inside of the broken up building that the phantom troupe members call home. Also, I have developed a feeling of comfort being here. The spiders treat me nicely, like one of their own family. I'm growing close to this place. That's a very bad thing.

My love for Chrollo has even deepened, to a point that my entire sketch pad is drawings of him. I must say, I've improved a bit. On occasion he'll notice when I glance at him, but thinks nothing of it. At least, I don't think so.

I've also been frequently going places with Kurapika and Melody. They are so kind to invite me places, but I noticed something. When I walk, I'm always in the middle, like I need to be shared or something. It's on problem, I guess. I've also, well... noticed that Kurapika is very protective of me. He's a very kind friend who sticks up for me and watches me like he's my big brother. Although, he did try to... kiss me.

Suddenly it hit me. A tiny paper airplane hit the side of my head, sticking in my hair. It was small enough to fit in the palm of my hand. I swiftly unraveled it, hoping for it to be some kind of love letter from the boss. Yes, it was from him, but wasn't anything close to a love letter.

It was for a meeting. But... why did he waste time by making tiny paper planes? I looked around and watched the others open their little letters. Most of them just shriveled the note and threw it on the ground.

Here's exactly what my note said:

There will be a meeting today in an hour.
It'll be in the alleyway of Fifth St.
I expect you all to be there.

Okay... so the super shady alleyway. It's kind of different for the troupe to meet somewhere else besides the base. I guess I should just hang out in town until it's time.

"Hey, um.... Chrollo... can I go out for a little?" I asked uncomfortably.

"Yes, have fun." He said to me, not even looking up from his book.

So I ran out, and down the street. Let's see, I only have a few Jenny to spend... Aha! I'll go to the candy store.

The little shop's bell rang as I opened the door. This is one of my favorite places, for it sells kinds of candy that most people have never even heard of. Hisoka showed me this store once, he says it reminds him of home since they sell original Bungee Gum here. With my money, I just had enough to buy a classic chocolate bar or a few mints. I chose to get the soft mints that I really enjoy.

I had spent such a long time looking, that when I checked my phone, I was almost late! I paid for my mints and got out of there. At this rate, it's impossible to make it on time. I had about five minutes, and I had to walk. It would take me ten minutes to get there. I put a mint in my mouth and speed walked as fast as I could without looking strange.

I arrived on fifth street, and I was five minutes late, just as predicted. I walked to the alleyway, but when I got there, nobody was there. I walked down the hallway of nightmares, but not one spider was spotted. Well, until I reached the back of the alley, the furthest corner. He wasn't wearing his coat, but a tuxedo. His hair wasn't slicked back, but its strands hung around his head in a messy, cute way.

"B-Boss?.." I stuttered with a blush, which I'm sure he saw.

I stared at him, for he looked so nice in a tuxedo. He must've noticed my staring, and broke the silence saying, "(y/n), you're late." He spoke with a seductive tone.