Scarlet Eyed Boy

"You're welcome." The clown man whispered.

"Hisoka, don't bother (y/n)." Chrollo said defensively. So Hisoka's the name, huh? How could he have possibly made the file disappear? He must have used nen. Yes! That's it. A unique nen ability...

I watched intensely while the red haired man sat, a phone screen illuminating his face in the darkness. "Well, I should go find some place to stay for the night..." I began to say.

"No, no... you're welcome to stay with us for the night if you'd like, (y/n)." Chrollo spoke. Hmm... if I stay with them, will I be safe? But if I do... I can ask Hisoka how he knew... "Okay I'll stay." I answer hesitantly.

"You really shouldn't trust us that easily, (y/n). Although I'm glad you do. We'll provide a comfortable stay, but I will warn you... sometimes it takes a while for some of us to fall asleep, so I hope you're okay if people are awake." Chrollo explained.

Well that's a bit... creepy. I'll have to keep my guard up. "I'll stay up for a while." I said. "Okay, suit yourself." Chrollo said.

After several hours, most of the troupe members have laid down, calmly sleeping. Every member except... Hisoka.

We sat across the room from each other, comfortably sitting. I noticed him walking towards me. He approached me and took a seat, leaning against the empty wall beside me. "Wondering how I could've guessed? Well... I can surely recognize one who has the same intentions as me." Hisoka said quietly.

"You're against the troupe too?" I asked.

"Well, not exactly. You see, I'm here to fight the leader of them; Chrollo. I figured that while I'm at it... why not have some fun killing the other members?" Hisoka explained.

"So we're kinda in the same boat here... that's nice I'm not alone. By the way Hisoka, how did you change the screen of my computer to appear as if my files weren't there?" I asked knowingly.

"Should I tell you a secret of mine? Hmm... well I used my texture surprise. It's a nen ability based off one of my favorite childhood candies that included tattoos." Hisoka said. "Also (y/n), I can help you if you'd like. Starting off by giving you this."

Hisoka held thin sheet of paper-like material. On it was a spider, as well as the number fourteen. "Just put it on and it would make it look like a real tattoo, but of course, it's fake. I also have one, with a number four."

"Thank you so much Hisoka! I'm so lucky to have run into you." I said quietly.

"Haha... I certainly don't hear that a lot." Hisoka added.

"You know (y/n)... you-" Hisoka's words were cut off by the yawning of one of the troupe members. There was a moment of silence while we waited for them to fall back asleep.

After a moment, they were sound asleep again. Hisoka walked back to his original spot, sitting down across the room. For some reason I'm not tired. I'm just going to stay up.

~Morning~
I watched every member rise, Chrollo first. "Good morning (y/n). You're an early riser, huh?" Chrollo said, not knowing that I stayed up all night. "Yup! Always have been." I said, lying. One thing is for sure- I'm definitely tired.

Throughout the morning, we just sat around. Doing absolutely nothing but staring at walls. I think that anyone would go crazy if they had to live like this. No wonder they're serial killers! I picked up my phone, checking the time. 'Swoosh!' Suddenly out of nowhere, a playing card flies towards me. I dodge it swiftly, looking to see where it had come from.

I took the card, examining it and found a note written on it.

Care to join me for lunch? I have someone who I'd like to introduce you to.
~Hisoka

Hmm... well, it's really boring here, so... I guess I'll go. I nod in response to the invitation. I try to throw the card back to him, but sadly, it flopped to the ground. I was a little embarrassed.

Hisoka and I snuck out of the shady building one at a time. When we were both out, we just chatted and walked the busy streets of the Yorknew.

"So Hisoka, do you know where we are gonna eat?" I asked.

"Yes. I'm having a friend meet us there. I don't know if you know him... and we are eating there." Hisoka said, pointing subtly towards a fancy restaurant.

"Don't worry, I've booked reservations. We won't have to wait." He added. The restaurant was relatively big, and many people wore fancy clothing and accessories. Red and black were the primary colours inside, creating more of a grand feeling.

We were led to a booth, but when we got there someone was sitting down. A teenage looking man with blonde hair. "Take a seat (y/n). By the way... this is Kurapika. I feel like you two would get along." Hisoka said, sitting across from Kurapika. I slid in the booth, sitting next to the blonde haired boy. He was dressed up in a black tuxedo.

"Uh... Hi! My name is (y/n). Nice to meet you!" I said a little nervously. There was a moment of silence, until he replied with a sweet smile "Oh, hello (y/n). My name is Kurapika." He said. I could feel that he had a warm spirit, calm and gentle. I already felt relaxed around him, even after knowing him for about a minute.

Kurapika's POV
I had no idea that Hisoka was planning to bring someone along with him. I wonder why...

Subconsciously, I noticed myself timidly playing with my car keys. I stopped right when I noticed I was doing so... only for them to fall to the ground. "Oh, oops." I said, reaching down to get the keys.

I caught a glimpse of something that I couldn't believe. So strange that I had to look twice. (y/n) has a spider tattoo on her leg? She... she's one of them?! Oh no. My eyes... have they changed? I should've put my contacts in for this. What was I thinking?

Getting up from under the table, I covered my eyes with my hands. A fourteenth member, huh. There's only ever supposed to be thirteen members in the phantom troupe... this makes the spider unequal. There's supposed to be twelve legs and a head... now there's thirteen legs. Why did Chrollo allow her into the troupe? I sat for a moment, lost in thought with my eyes closed.

"Hey Kurapika... are you okay? I ca-" (y/n)'s voice was cut off by my own words on accident. "Hisoka. Is this some kind of... joke? Is it true... there's a fourteenth member?! Whatever's going on, you should explain. Now." I said, louder than I intended. I felt the eyes of many staring in our direction around the restaurant. An uncomfortable feeling, but I don't care.

Hisoka looked up from his menu responding with a simple "What?" as if he had been paying no attention whatsoever.
"I said!-"

(Y/n)'s POV
"W-what's wrong?" I ask softly, trying to get him to calm down. Kurapika just went from warm and welcoming to outrageously aggressive. Slowly, I watched as he lifted his hands from his face, and opened his eyes. I was completely shocked to see that... they were a vivid, glowing scarlet. A gorgeous medley of different shades to create one that's indescribable.

Turning towards me, I could tell he was trying to gain a reaction. Instead of from me... I could hear the gasps of people from all around. Not gasps of joy or excitement, but... of fear.

Kurapika pounded his fist onto the table, and stormed out of the restaurant, not another word spoken. He kept his eyes on the ground, avoiding all eye contact with anyone.

I can't help but ask myself, what did I do wrong?