Just Follow The Echo Of My Voice

Почніть із самого початку

"Well..." He rubs the back of his neck. He seemed stressed.

"So, I don't know how to say this but-" Brian gets cut off by Tim.

"Hey, you. I'll be helping you out today." he says.

"Wait, why? Where's Toby?" You ask, now confused.

"I don't know," Tim shrugs.

"Do you know where he went?" He asks Brian. His jaw dropped as if he was going to say he didn't know either.

"I thought he would have at least told you. I don't know where he went, but before he left he asked me to take care of you until he gets back."

You're taken back by this.

"When will that be?"

"No idea."

"Wait-" Brian cuts in.

"Why didn't he ask me to? I'm like- way closer with her than you are!"

"Yeah that's probably why he didn't ask you." says Tim.

"Ugh!" Brian says sarcastically as he lifts his hand to his chest.

"Dude, honestly, if you want to stay here with her you can, I don't care. I have other work to do here anyway."

"Yee I'll do it then!" Brian says excitingly.

"Wait, so Toby just left and didn't say where he was going? He didn't tell anyone?"

"I mean..." Tim starts,

"This is Toby. This isn't uncommon of him, honestly."

"Really? So then you guys know where he is then?" You ask.

"No, but I know he will be back." Says Tim.

"Yeah, he always comes back." -Brian

"How long is he usually gone?"

"The longest he's been gone lasted three months. Sometimes he's back after three days. Two weeks. Hard to know exactly how long he will be out." Explains Brian.

You felt your heart sink. You start fidgeting with your hands.

"Why would he just leave?"

"I don't know, he just does sometimes."

"And... He just doesn't say anything? Doesn't tell anyone anything before he just left?"

"Nope. Honestly, I don't care where he is, when he comes back, or if he will," Says Tim.

Brian nudges Tim then nods his head towards you while keeping eye contact with Tim. Tim just looks at you then back at Brian before rolling his eyes and leaving down the hallway.

"So... Like, now what?" You ask. Brian sighs and gestures towards the door.

You both ate breakfast before getting ready to hear more news from the doctors. It was the most quiet morning since you got here.

After breakfast, you decided to sit alone for a while. Brian gave you space and left to run his own errands.

"Meet me in 20?" Brian asks as you. You give him a weak smile and nod.

"Yeah, that's fine."

Brian throws you a 'thumbs up' and closes the door behind him.

You watch him leave and then looked to the window that looked out towards the center of a courtyard garden. You watched as Brian jogged by and stopped by Tim who was just beginning to light a cigarette. You watched as they talked to each other. They just sort of talked a bit. You can't hear what they're saying and there would be no way to hear them unless you went over to them. Brian's face showed in a way like he was trying to be understanding. Tim was facing away so you couldn't tell what he might have been thinking. Finally Brian walks away. Tim turns around and looks towards the cabin almost making eye contact with you. You immediately looked away.