Chap.24

I was cut off when I walked into someone. I looked up and my eyes instantly widened. Camerons grip on my hand tightened and I just froze as i stared at the person who had just walked into me. Nobody moved nor spoke. Silence. Nothing but wide-eyed stares.

“L-Lucas?” I choked out. I looked at him with pure disgust. I was let down by him many times; let down by his choices. I finally made my mind to vanish him from my life, yet here he is once again.

“Stacey? Stacey im so glad your back! Listen to me, please?” He begged. I sent him a solid glare as I held onto Cameron’s hand tighter.

Lucas finally tore his gaze away from me and he began eyeing Cameron. “You!” he roared. He took a step closer; shooting Cameron daggers. I could feel Cameron’s body tense up as if he were ready to pounce on Lucas.

In one fast motion Lucas had grabbed my waist, pulling me towards him in a secure grip. I struggled against him as I tried to rip myself away from him.

“Fucking bastard” Lucas growled, “Kiddnapping her again? Get away from her! She mine! I won’t let you take her away from me like that. I’ll kill you!”

“Let her go” Cameron seethed. I could see the anger rising as he shot Lucas a threatening look.

Suddenly I was shoved aside; my body gliding against the concrete. I let out a pained whimper as I watched fists being thrown at both Lucas and Cameron’s faces. They rolled around the dirty floor, taking turns to pack in a few punches. Lucas grasped onto Cameron’s collar as he straddled him.

I watched as he raised a firm fist up. I knew what was coming next.

I clamped my eyes tightly shut.

An aggrieved groan caused me to open my eyes; only to see that Cameron had somehow escaped Lucas’s grip as he was now ontop of Lucas, slamming him down on the concrete repetitively.

After slamming his head against the ground one final time he rolled off him and stood up. He stood protectively beside me as we watched Lucas struggle to stand.

He was struggling to keep his left eye open and had a dash of blood leaving his nose. He winced as he fiercely wiped away the blood with the back of his hand.

“I wont let you take her away. Not this time” Lucas spluttered.

Just as Cameron opened his mouth to reply I found my voice to finally speak up.

“No Lucas. I chose this, I chose to be with him because he makes me happy. He loves me- Something you failed to do. I don’t even want to know you anymore Lucas because I hate you. You lied, over and over again. You said you would save me; I waited for you but you never came. I left Cameron and I hurt him because of you. Go back to Bridget because I don’t want to be near you! I despise you! But you know, as much as I hate you, I still thank you.” I spat, not once did I blink as I spoke these words clearly.

“You know why I thank you?” I continued, ignoring the confused expression on Camerons face.

“I thank you for finally making me realise what an ignorant coward you really are! I thank you for letting me see your true colours and your cold heart! But most of all I thank you for making me open my eyes to see the truth, who I really love. I love Cameron and unlike you he actually cares about me! I don’t ever want you to talk to me again, That goes to Bridget too” I finished.

My eyes began to water but I managed to blink them away. I wont give in, I need to stay strong and not let my guard fall. He hurt me. Cameron pulled me closer to his side, wrapping a secure arm around my waist.

“Stay the hell away from her” Cameron said.

With that he placed a small kiss on my temple and gently guided me along with him, away from Lucas. I couldn’t help but look back at Lucas once more. He was stood still, staring at me yet he seemed so zoned out. He had a hurt expression on his face and I swear his eyes were watering!

Don’t feel bad. He hurt you so many times, made you cry so many nights. Stand tall; you gave him what he deserved, my subconscious screamed at me. I nodded to myself and fought away the guilt.

“Im sorry you had to do that” Cameron whispered once we were away from Lucas. My eyebrows creased together and I shook my head.

“No, No, I needed to get that out” I sighed deeply, “Im so sorry… for everything” I wrapped myself around him in a tight hug before he could even respond. He stood still for a moment before hugging me back and pulling me close.