Chap.19

CAMERONS POV

“I-I cant. Im sorry. I just cant… Lucas” She said. It was as if her voice was on mute. So quiet I could just about hear her. But it’s the last thing that triggered my anger. The name of her so called ‘bestfriend’. I just wish she would let him go; Besides he let her go!

I had a bit of hope that she could possibly start to like me just like I was beginning to like her. But no, all that hope completely banished after she rejected me. I had such a good day with her but now it feels like I’ve been dragged back to reality. Rejection.

We laughed, we cuddled, we even kissed but afterall that was nothing to her. Being with her made me feel more alive. I lived a life she didn’t understand- she wouldn’t understand yet she made me forget that.

Shes too good. My fists curled up in a tight ball. I felt so hurt and confused. I stared at her small body, curled together as she lay beside me. Tears were drowning her beautiful brown eyes. I couldn’t bear to watch her cry. Why was she crying? It was me who was hurting. She had no feelings towards me afterall.

I didn’t know what to do. Do I comfort her? Make her forget what I had just told her? I pulled myself away from her, throwing the covers off my body. I stormed out the room blocking out the sound of her sobbing. I opened my apartment door and ran out into the city. I sat, leaning against the wall of an empty allyway. I needed time. Alone.

STAYCEYS POV

He left. Just like that. Gone.

I heard the apartment door slam shut and I shot up out of bed, running towards the door. Without even thinking I opened the door and screamed after him, “Cameron wait!” I shouted. He didn’t turn, he had completely blocked him out. And for some reason I didn’t blame him.

I closed the door and sighed. What was I doing? Why did I lead him on like that and then be such a bitch. Was I really going to give up everything for Lucas. He said he would find me but he never did. Cameron made me happy. Something about him made me smile. And now that he’s gone I felt alone and scared. Just like I was before. He saved me from that cell. No one else but him.

Just after I pushed him away I’ve realized how much he helped and how much I needed him. Selfish, I know. But I just wasn’t ready. Apart of me still cried out for Lucas. I dropped my head back and let out a breath. This was my chance, Maybe I could get away.

But was I willing to do that? Should I save myself or stay?

I ran to the corner of camerons room, pulling out the drawers with full force, I rummaged through my drawer of clothes until I pulled out a pair of black skinnies and a long sleeved jumper. I quickly put them on and yanked out a jacket.

I saw Camerons phone and I grabbed it. I scrolled through the pictures until I found the one I wanted. The picture of him asleep. I locked his phone and slid it in my back pocket. I couldn’t leave without a piece of him with me.

Taking a random bit of paper I wrote in bold writing: ‘I cant bare to be alone. Im so sorry Cameron. I love you, Goodbye’

I placed the paper in the middle of his bed so he was sure to see it when he returns to an empty house. I froze infront of the front door.

Was I ready to go?