-"Well that's just perfect..." I said, sitting down on the couch, lowering my head and grasping my hair.

-"Hey, it was only the first day. I'm sure we'll get something eventually." IF said.

-"...True enough." I said.

     Compa had a seat next to me.

-"We'll find the source, I know we will." Compa said.

-"Thanks Compa..." I said.

-"And hey, if we don't, who cares, right?" IF said.

     My eyes snapped up and met with hers. Compa looked concerned.

-"Iffy! You know he's been through a lot!" Compa said.

-"I care, IF. If we fail this, I'm letting the person who was pulling the strings all along get away with this. And now, because of that, my squad has died." I said, leaving the room in a power march. 

     I needed some time to myself...at the only place I knew that could help.

Compa P.O.V.

     I can't believe Iffy could be so mean! She knows that Logan really cares about his past!

-"What's up with him?" she asked.

-"Iffy! What are you saying?! You completely wrecked him! You insulted his past! You know that he lost his friends in battle!" I said.

-"We lose soldiers every day, not too big of a deal." she said.

-"IFFY! He still thinks his friends died because of him! He still thinks it's his fault!" I shouted.

-"..." Iffy was silent.

-"Don't you see how it would be traumatizing to him?" I asked.

-"Oh my god...you're right. I need to find him, where did he go?" she said, seeming pretty urgent.

Logan P.O.V.

     I was at the one place I always go when I needed comfort: a cliff side overseeing the ocean. You could jump off the cliff and land in water that's deep enough to survive. I've only done that once though, when I first found this place. Thankfully, I'm the only one I know that knows about this spot. I thought all was calm until I heard footsteps behind me. I already knew who it was...IF and Compa. I stayed silent until Compa eventually sat next to me and spoke up.

-"Logan, IF has something to say to you." she said.

     I got up and turned to face IF. She was looking a bit ashamed.

-"Listen Logan...I'm...sorry, for what I said earlier. I shouldn't have said that. I didn't realize just how much you cared about and miss your squad. I'm only now realizing that what I said could be a serious offense and...I'm sorry." she said.

-"It's fine, you're not the first one to have said that. Not by a long shot. I've almost come to accept it now. But I've still got the weight on my back." I said, staring at the ground.

-"No Logan. What I said is inexcusable and I need to repay you somehow. That's why I'm going to help continue the search for whoever is behind this!" she said, asserting herself.

-"..." I stayed silent.

-"Please Logan, let me help you." she said, stepping closer.

     I saw her keep walking until she wasn't too far away from me. Still staring at the ground, I saw that her foot was about to get caught under a tree root. I let her know.

-"Watch your f-" I was cut off by her tripping over the root.

     We both fell onto the dirt. I was padding, seeing as her entire body weight fell onto me. 

-"Ahhh, that hurt." she groaned.

     She's the one that's hurt? I was just used as an airbag! I opened my eyes and saw her on me.

-"IF? You alright?" I asked, not letting my frustration influence my actions.

-"Y-yeah, I'm fine." she said.

     I saw her stare at my face for several seconds before I had to bring her back to reality.

-"IF? You can get off me now." I said.

     She seemed to snap out of whatever trance she was in and quickly stood up, a bit of red on her face.

-"Anyway! I'll leave you to your alone time, see ya for the next search!" she said before quickly running off.

-"She can be fast when she needs to." I said.

-"Logan?" Compa asked.

-"Yeah?" I asked.

-"Do you like Iffy?" she asked.

     Where the hell did this question come from?

-"...In what way?" I asked, an eyebrow raised.

-"Come on, like like!" she asked.

-"I mean...she is cute. And she's a nice girl." I said.

-"Maybe you don't know this but...Iffy likes you Logan. She's told me more times than I can count. She may seem harsh and mean, but she's holding in her hidden feelings for you Logan. She's too embarrassed to tell you herself." 

     So she's basically a tsundere? Alright then. Good to know that I'll have to make the first move.

-"But maybe you like...someone else?" she whispered in my ear before walking down the same trail IF took.

     I seriously need to stop focusing on just myself and look around for once. Those two have an interest...and so do I. But I'm not sure which one to go with...

...

     I'll need some time to think about this. For now though, I'll spend the night here. Hopefully that'll calm me down a bit.