Episode 10: Close

Start from the beginning

"woaw" Prompto said as he tried to grab it before it fell to the ground. Noct sat up quickly and watched half the popcorn on the floor scattered. When Prompto turned his head to look back up, Noct's face was only an inch away from his. Their eyes met and both stayed still. Had they not been so close after the incident back in the rooftop yesterday. Prompto gulped as Noct looked down at Prompto's soft lips.

Prompto felt hesitation from Noct. Noct's face showed struggle and a sense of holding back.

"Sorry" Prompto whispered.

"....................you do remember what I told you yesterday, right?" Noct whispered.

Prompto stared at him closely as he was taken aback. His thoughts were coming to life and Prompto didn't have the energy or the strength to make this any more complicated from what it really was. He had to be true to himself and trust him.

"..I do" Prompto answered.

".....so you know how I feel about you right?" Noct shyly asked as he would avert his eyes to the side and then back. Noct was a very reserved and shy guy but he had a funny and romantic side of him as well which Prompto was starting to find out.

"...You like me.... more than just a friend" Prompto blushed.

Noct covered his mouth and averted his eyes to the side as he blushed while hearing Prompto say it.

"....hmm" Noct nodded.

"...........I also know I said some things as well" Prompto sat properly and looked down.

".........."

"Look..... I'm confused and I can't stop thinking of what I truly feel...... I'm not good at this stuff...... I've never felt like this before" Prompto held his shoulder.

".....what do you feel?" Noct asked as he sat properly as well.

"........."

"...........I'm not good at this either..... I don't want to force you or anything.... We just met a few days ago.... But I feel like I've known you my whole life" Noct said.

"....." Prompto looked down as he listened.

"...tell me you don't feel the same" Noct looked at him.

"....I do feel the same..... I feel like I've known you forever...... " Prompto fidgeted with his fingers.

".......I'm gonna say it again............I like you Prompto...... I.... fell for you in just a couple days. " Noct shyly said.

Prompto looked at Noct,  ".....so.....is the feeling of liking someone feel like you are nervous all the time when you think about them? Or worry more than you usually do when you think what that person might think about you? Is feeling vulnerable near them what it feels to like someone?" he asked.

"....I would say yes........I'm nervous right now of what you might say...."

A tear fell down Prompto's cheek, "then I think I like you as well...... I like you Noct.... It's just so hard to believe that someone like you has seen through me in such a short time.... And has cared for me and helped me like this..... You made breakfast for me... Something I had not had for five years now. You made me remember what it was to feel warm....... I guess it's just hard to believe that this is true"

Noct got closer and grabbed Prompto's chin, forcing him to face him and look at him.

"......I'm not lying...this is true..... And I don't pity you.... I want to help.... I want to share new memories with you........ Prompto......would you be my boyfriend.....my lover?"