Episode 3: Beginning

Prompto Pov

Hey,  I'm Prompto Argentum and I go to Insomnia High School. Yesterday a new guy enrolled in the semester. Turns out he is a prince but I don't see him like that. In fact,  I don't really care. However,  somehow I feel comfortable around him and I also feel a connection. I even invited him to eat with me yesterday. That's something that's never happened. I even was close to opening up to him. THAT has never happened before as well. I'm really picky on that. We'll be hanging out now during our breaks. I'm really happy somehow. He listens well. It feels nice to be around someone with that personality once in a while. Perhaps...... I want him to actually be my friend for a long time. How does that feel like? I've never thought it was necessary. But this is different.... It's Noct. I wonder what lies behind the stoic expression of his. What he likes or dislikes. I wonder. I wonder if he will accept me for whom I really I am. I hope he doesn't feel pity for me.

"Everyone take your seats,  class will Start after a few small announcements from our Class President" The teacher said.

Noct sat at his desk behind the whole class. He looked at his side and saw that Prompto wasn't there.

Not here today? Maybe late?

Noisy feet then came in running through the door.

"I'm sorry!  I'm late!" Prompto panted as he wiped the sweat in his forehead.

"That's three strikes now,  Argentum!... The next tardy is cleaning duty in the restrooms after class"

Prompto's eyes widened.  Anything but stay after school!  I have work!

"Sorry,  it won't happen again"

Prompto walked to his desk quietly as the Class President began making announcements.

"Hey there pal" A guy whispered as he high fived Prompto quietly.

Prompto smiled.

He sat on his desk and palmed Noct on his shoulder.

"Morning" Prompto whispered.

"Late?" Noct whispered back.

"Yeah" Prompto smiled as he scratched his neck.

° So as you may have heard we will be having a..... °

"One more and you stay after class.." Noct looked at him.

"Yeah... It's my fault though.... I guess I deserve that" Prompto shyly smiled.

"It may be... But..." Noct looked away and looked towards the front of the class,  "what kind of rule is that?" Noct whispered.

Prompto looked at Noct surprised.

Noct looked straight ahead and whispered,  "it's not like it's gonna help anyways"

"...."

"If I was tardy... I wonder if they dare to do that to me.......it's an unfair rule"

"......"

"Anyways.... Sometimes it's not even your fault... I'm I right?"

°and that concludes our announcements for today°

Prompto looked outside the window and sighed quietly, Yeah you are right. It's not all my fault.

Flashback

I think I have to go on foot if I want to save money. I don't have enough as it is. Ill have to save up for a bike at least. So this means,  I will have to wake up an hour and a half earlier.