I roll my eyes.

"Don't die!" Jesse calls after us.

At the same time, Eric shouts, "Have fun peeing!"

Sasha barely holds in the fireball she's about to throw when a few humans look over.

"Calm down," I mutter, placing my hand on her shoulder. "Boys look better when they haven't been burned to a crisp."

"They'll be less annoying as a pile of ash though," Sasha says cheerily.

The bathroom is hard to find, hidden within a deep hallway. I would have walked right past it if I hadn't seen it already earlier.

"Do you really think we can make it onto a transfer flight within twenty minutes?" I ask Sasha.

"Sure," she replies. "As long as Jesse doesn't decide to go missing again.

I snort, pushing open the door to the womens' room. "Let's hope."

The bathroom smells like someone sprayed too much disinfectant. There are two other women in here, though one is leaving right as I have a coughing fit from the smell and wave at the air around my nose. I hope she didn't think I was trying to tell her she smelt bad.

"Someone needs to tone down on the Febreze," Sasha wheezes.

"Or open a window," I cough.

At the sinks, I run some water through my hair, wringing it out and ignoring the dirty looks the woman next to me is shooting me.

Sasha and I ignore her, though I could probably feel her piercing glare even if she were in another room. Finally, I can't stand it, and meet her eyes for a second in the mirror with a challenging look.

The woman bends down to wash her hands, remarking, "Don't you kids have parents?"

My eyes meet Sasha's in the mirror, and I catch her subtle eyebrow lift. I make a face. Don't we look old enough to be here without adult supervision? I certainly think so.

"I don't see how that's any of your business," I say, blunt but polite. Mom would be proud.

I toss my hair in dismissal, but the woman doesn't really take the hint as she sniffs in disapproval loudly.

As I move, the collar of my shirt dips down slightly, and I catch a mark of black right under my collarbones. I squint into the mirror. How big has it spread? It was only a speck when Lilith first plunged the sword in, and now, I can see it climbing up towards my neck and spreading on my chest, stretching out on all four ends like a mutant compass.

"I'm asking for the good of all our citizens," the woman says snootily. "We don't need homeless youth living in the airport."

I sigh. I really should not have started this. "We're not homeless."

"That hair," she continues criticizing. "What on earth encouraged you to do that to it? And lipstick that color? Atrocious!"

I grit my teeth, continuing to wring out the water and bite my tongue, though I suspect my silence will only egg her on. My eyes swivel to the tap she is still washing her hands with, and with a flick of my finger, the water current moves upwards for a split second and soaks the front of her very expensive pant suit.

"My goodness!" she shrieks, running off to find paper towels. The door slams.

"Thank goodness," I mutter. I stretch over to slam down the lever on her still running tap.

In the movement, Sasha narrows her eyes at my neck. "What is that?"

"It's the speck," I reply. "Remember?"