2

< 2 - два  >

The day plays out like every other. Lissa had a few meetings to go to and Christian hung around with Dimitri outside until they were finished. Nothing was out of the ordinary aside from the glances Lissa and Christian would share excitedly, that I kept noticing.

It wasn't until after the pair ate dinner that I knew something was up. Lissa asked the other guardian in the room with me to swap with Dimitri who was outside.

As he walks in Dimitri gives me a confused look and I shrug.

"We have something to announce. And want you two to be the first to know" Lissa says clasping Christians hand in hers

Dmitri and I share a look. What now?
"Okay" I nod my head slowly

"Take a seat" Christian gestures towards the chairs across from them and we obey.

"Well..."

Lissa gives Christian another one of the looks I have been noticing all day, before turning to us excitedly "We're getting married!"

The first words I should have said were along the lines of congratulations or I'm happy for you, not "But your so young!"

Christian shakes his head with a laugh "We're twenty"

"But..."

"Rose, not everyone has the same views on marriage as you do" Dmitri teases with a smile

I glare at him before turning back to Lissa "I'm happy for you, I really am. But isn't twenty still so young to be someone's wife"

"Well at the moment she is just my fiancée" Christian smiles and pulls her closer. We get along better these days, me and Christian, I think it's due to me hating him a little less after realising that without me there as her shadow kissed guardian to take away her spirit effects, Christian was here keeping her sane.

I decide to change the subject, knowing anything I say now will just dig me deeper into the hole I just made myself "Let's see the ring then"

"No, I haven't given it to her yet" Christian says

Lissa smiles so sweetly up at Christian that I want to gag "He proposing to me again in public tomorrow night"

Tomorrow night is some important Royal's birthday party that Lissa as the Queen will be attending and I have the pleasure of watching it from the sidelines.

"I wonder how everyone is going to take it" Dimitri points out, referring to the fact that all the royals are still kind of scared of Christian because of the whole 'parents turned Strigoi thing' and 'Tasha killing Tatiana and shooting me thing'.

"If anyone has a problem with it than they can go fuck themselves" Lissa says matter of factly which surprises me. I haven't heard her swear since I accidentally walked in on Christian and her having sex over a year ago. I'm still scarred.

"If Tatiana was still alive she would of had a fit" I laugh "God I hated her"

"Me too" Christian agrees and so does Lissa. Together we all turn to Dimitri expecting him to agree with us.

"I don't know. Without her I might have been in that cell a lot longer" He admits, holding my hand and I smile up at him just like Lissa has before. Except this time I don't want to gag, I want to kiss the man on the receiving end.

Dimitri leaves the usual two hours before me and true to his word, when I finally walk into his room, there are two pizza boxes stacked on the table and he is lying on the bed reading with his hair wet. Given he isn't naked, but all in good time.

"Hey Comrade," I throw my keys onto the couch and flop down on the bed next to Dimitri with a big exhausted groan

"I got you a pizza" He says 'matter of factly' and wraps his spare arm around me, bringing me close to his side

"I saw" Looking up at him, I give him a sly smile "But you're not naked"

Dimitri gives me a quick kiss "Maybe not yet"

"Now that's what I like to hear" I squirm out from under his arms. I change from my uniform to one of Dimitri's grey shirts and grab the pizza to bring back to the bed.

When I sit back on the bed, Dimitri puts down his book and sits up to face me.

I pass over his pizza and open mine, digging in quickly. When I look up from the piece of dough and cheese, I catch Dmitri staring at me with a funny look on his face.

It takes a second to realise what it's about "Don't start Comrade"

"Come on Roza" He grins leaning forward "Let's get married"

"No!" We have had this argument before multiple time. Originally I said I'll consider when I'm twenty, but even now I'm still not ready to be someone's wife.

"But why put off the inedible" Dimitri teases, probably loving the awkward look of uncomfortableness on my face "It will happen eventually so why not now?"

I roll my eyes and ignore the question. He knows I'm not ready, just enjoys watching me squirm. Sick fuck. "Ask me again next year"

"I'll probably ask you again next week in case you change your mind"

"I won't"

We look at each other intensely waiting for the other to crack, and I do first as I smile and roll my eyes again.

We finish dinner with flirtatious small talk and I get up from the bed to throw the pizza boxes back onto the table from a stupid distance. One lands on the floor but I shrug it off. Oh well.

When I turn back to the bed, Dimitri has moved to sit on the edge of the bed. He pats his legs and I walk over and sit on his lap, wrapping my arms around his neck.

I kiss him straight away. His warm hands slip under my shirt and wrap around my waist, bringing me closer. I break away from the kiss and pull of Dimitri's shirt before kissing him again, more intense than before.

Dimitri falls back onto the bed, taking me with him. He breaks away from me and smirks "I believe I have some things to make up for"

My hands find their way into his hair and I brush my lips against his "Yes, so hurry up and get started"