eight

Sohye was bored one day. It was evening and Mingyu was busy handling some problems at home, so Sohye was all alone. It was starting to get dark out, but it was only five in the evening. Sohye liked shopping in the sunset, though; so she decided to go out to her favorite stationery shop.

By the time she got to the shop, the sun was pretty much gone, and it was half past five. She entered the shop and looked around. The sales people welcomed her and proceeded to engage in a conversation with her because Sohye was a regular and they recognized her.

Sohye ended up buying several blank notebooks to doodle in. They also got her a limited edition pen, so she basically had no money left for anything else. She left the shop happy with her purchase, though. At least she would have stuff to do at home when she was alone- Mingyu wouldn't be back for another five days anyways. Maybe she would fill in one of the notebooks and give it to Mingyu as a gift.

It was pitch dark when Sohye left the stationery shop. She was glad brought a jacket with her because it was also starting to get a little chilly. She readjusted the jacket over her shoulders and continued walking along the lamppost lit sidewalk. She passed several alleyways and was only a couple blocks away from her apartment when she felt someone grab her arm and lead her into one of the nearby alleyways.

"Who are you?" Sohye screamed out. "Let go of me!"

She felt the person wrap their arms around her waist, and she tried to wriggle out of their grasp. She turned around and was about to punch the person when she saw his face.

"Wonwoo, what do you think you're doing?" she asked with a low, angry voice.

She pushed at his chest, but his grasp around her only got tighter. Sohye gasped out in pain as Wonwoo pinned her against one of the brick walls in the alleyway, his hands holding hers down against the rough brick. Sohye screamed and kicked at Wonwoo, but it was no use since his strength clearly overpowered hers. He leaned in and harshly kissed her lips to silence her, Sohye crying out even with his lips pressed against hers. She bit down on his lip and sent Wonwoo stumbling backwards as he held his fingers to his sore lip.

"Wonwoo, stop it," Sohye looked at him angrily.

Wonwoo took a step towards Sohye, but she stepped back and to the side. She got out of the alleyway and looked at him, the lamppost above her shining a glare into her eyes. She looked at Wonwoo helplessly standing in the alleyway and said, "You're drunk. Go home."

"Sohye," Wonwoo whispered. "Please. I love you."

"Shut up, Jeon Wonwoo," Sohye hissed. "Don't you dare say you love me with that disgusting mouth of yours."

"Please," Wonwoo persisted. "Please give me a second chance."

"There are never second chances in life, Jeon Wonwoo. I'm never going back to you, you rat bastard," Sohye said harshly.

She turned away from Wonwoo and walked away from the alleyway before breaking out into a sprint. Her heart was beating frantically as she raced home not because of what Wonwoo said, but because of what Wonwoo did. Not once in her life was Sohye afraid of Wonwoo until then, and she was petrified. As soon as she got home, she locked all the doors, hid in her bedroom, and called Mingyu.

"Sohye?" Mingyu sounded worried. "What's wrong? Why are you breathing like that?"

Sohye tried to speak, but she couldn't. She started crying on the phone. All she could think about as she cried on the phone was the expression on Wonwoo's face when she told Wonwoo that there were never second chances, and that she would never get back with him. His expression hurt her because she had never seen that look of guilt on his face until that point, and as much as she hated admitting it, his expression tugged at her heart strings and made her want to give Wonwoo the second chance that he wanted.