Power drain

*Macenna*

Kill Stefan. Kill Stefan. Kill Stefan.

It kept going on and on in my mind as I entered the boarding house. Damon stood inside, a glass of scotch in his hand. He stared at me, frowning, before laughing, "Ah Macenna, you almost confused me for a while."

I wanted to tell him about what happened, but I was compelled to secrecy. "Where's Stefan?" I hissed.

Damon raised a brow, "You sound angry. What happened? Stefan munched on your favourite rabbit?"

"Damon," I hissed again. "Not funny."

Then, without warning, he was across the room and had me pressed to his firm body. I could tell he was drunk, I could smell it. "So Mac? You're just like Megan, just not that perfect."

He was right, but it stung. I was literally everything Megan was, just not as good. I wanted to cry, run away, but I wanted, so bad, to kill Stefan. I knew I couldn't though. He'd kill me in a second, I wasn't powerful enough.

I was going to die.

-

*Megan*

I sighed, watching the wrist watch on my hand, then looking back up to Mother Aria. A very respected member of the Witch Council.

She watched me with amused eyes, however, she didn't say anything, knowing that just my anger could destroy her.

"Aria, sweetie," I started again. I'd been trying to talk to these people for almost an hour now. They were just so stubborn! "I didn't really break any Council rules, so I don't understand why you announced that you'll take away my powers."

She smirked, and so did the ten other old witches sitting in a row on thrones. Father Gepon, I believe, finally spoke, "Megan Salvatore, Aria is not your 'sweetie,'" He mumbled loud enough for everyone to hear.

I shrugged, "Well," I hissed, reaching my limit, "She didn't seem to listen when I called her Mother."

None of them said a word.

I looked at my wrist watch again. "Isn't this lovely?" I asked cheerfully, "Us meeting again after a couple of decades? And just me trying the bonding stuff?"

They still didn't speak.

"Agh!" I cried, I'd never get a reaction out of them until I didn't provoke them or anything. That's what they wanted, that I put up a fight and they get a reason to punish me. How childish were they?! "Seriously! You really want me to attack one of you unlucky bitches?"

And they still didn't say anything.

Honestly, I'd much rather put up a fight than continue to talk and not receive any response. I put my hands on my hips and then started again, "People, we all have some work to do other than this, correct?" I didn't wait for their reply this time, "So lets skip this whole, 'Megan tries to figure out how the fuck to get these retards to talk' thing and get to the point."

Finally, a response. Marcus was up and in an instant, had me pinned to the marble floor with half his weight on me, "Mind your language, Salvatore. Damon or Klaus aren't here to save you now," he hissed.

I smirked. Now, honestly everyone knew why they wanted my powers gone. It was simple- I was already the biggest threat to them apart from that one powerful witch no one knows of. And with Damon and mostly Klaus, I could be the end of them. That and, well, I was just plain annoying.

Marcus still seemed angry as he leaned down to my ear, "You also forget who you're taking to. We're the witch council and we're the most powerful witches."