Chapter 1

CHARLOTTE'S POV*
(Picture of Charlotte above)

"Mom? You know how much I love you right?" I said as my mum was on the computer finishing off some work.

"What do you want Charlotte?" She laughs.

"Set It Off have a show next week and I really wanna go can I go?" I asked really fast.

"Honey, you know how I feel about you going to concerts. You never know what could happen" she said sadly.

"I know but-" she cut me off.

"No buts sweetie, you're not not going" she said sternly.

"Okay mom" I said sadly. I knew that that was it, she isn't gonna change her mind. Oh well. Best get ready for work.

Okay yes I know it's weird that I'm 19 and I still live with my mom and dad. But I'm too scared to live alone yet. Maybe in a year I'll find my own place but for now I live here.

I go and take a quick shower. I get out and dry my long, white hair. I shock it up in a messy bun and do my makeup.

I do a black and red eye look and Matte black lipstick. I put on a black skater skirt and a top that is a lot of different shades of grey. I also put on my favourite pair of heels that have little buckles on them. I stick on my beanie and I'm good to go.

(Her outfit and eye makeup)

I go downstairs and grab my leather jacket

I go downstairs and grab my leather jacket. "I'm heading out to work I'll see you guys soon" I say to my mom and dad who are sitting at the table eating breakfast.

"Bye sweetheart" they say. I grab my bag and go to my car. I jump in it and hit play on the CD.

It's the same each and every night Glare at my screen with 2 big bloodshot eyes
I'm stuck self torturing
My meds are failing me
Internal clock in smithereens
Can't fix this I'm hopeless

I sing along to "I'll sleep when I'm dead" by Set It Off.

"My eyes are stapled open wide
As I lay down on my side
I am bouncing off these walls
As I focus on the clock
Time stands still but I can not
I should strap myself in bed
I guess I'll sleep when I am dead"

I sing along with a few more songs before I get to work. I pull up in the mall parking lot. I work at a hot topic here.

I know surprise surprise, the emo kid works at hot topic. But hey ho, I enjoy working there so.

I put my lanyard round my neck before walking into the shop. I walk into the back to tell my boss that I'm in.

I go to the till. "Hey Meghan, Tommy says you've to stock the shelfs" I say to my friends Meghan who works here too.