Preface

I hate doing author's notes before I've even started the book, but this one feels particularly necessary, so please read this before you begin.

I'm going to college next year. I fully intend to decide a novel to the insanity of the American college system at a later date, but for now, I need to focus my energies on getting into college and more importantly, PAYING FOR IT. Unfortunately, no scholarship agency wants to read a 70,000 word beast, despite the fact that I've spent most of the last few years working on novels. Therefore, instead of creating a new novel after finishing Danger Magellan's Invasion of Earth, I decided to try my hand at short story writing. Most of these stories will probably go out to colleges or scholarships at some point in the near future, although a few of them will be just for fun.

This is where you guys come in. I need honest feedback on each and every story that is posted in this book. Please feel free to tear apart the short stories here, because that's what I need right now. By the time I'm finished with this, I would like the stories that I'm planning to submit to scholarships/colleges to be at a publishable quality, and I need constructive criticism to get there. Also, if any of you happen to know of any upcoming scholarships or contests for either novelists or short story writers, please let me know.

Thank you, and enjoy Infinity on High! :)