"Show me!" She shrieked.

The sound of fabric tearing and wood crashing made Sebastian and Callum jolt with surprise and shock.

Mason had moved so quickly that Chief Carter wasn't able to react soon enough to prevent his hands from wrapping around her throat, yet it was as if she had known this was bound to happen.

Four men in black entered the room, quickly releasing the chief from Mason's deadly grip. Within minutes, Mason was tackled to the floor and knocked unconscious by a drug injected into his neck.

Sebastian let out angered growls as he watched helplessly, as did Callum. He was still unable to understand how Mason had broken free, and was working on loosening his bonds.

He movements stopped as his eyes looked with Carter's watery ones.

Her hand was rubbing her neck tenderly, yet her malicious smirk remained intact despite her near death experience only moments ago.

"Well boys," she announced, looking between Callum and Sebastian, "I know who is going to be the first one to die now."

And with that, she exited the room.

+++++

Sobs racked through my body. My head ached and I struggled to breathe. Pain exploded through every part of my being, and there was absolutely no way that I could put an end to my misery.

Pain is what reminded me that I was alive. Pain was what reminded me that I was still able to feel—no matter how much I wished I couldn't.

Never in my life had I wanted death's cold arms to embrace me.

Death would be my escape. And I needed to fucking escape.

"How are you, sweet pea?"

An involuntary scream left my lips as my body automatically began thrashing against the restraints that held my fragile body onto the cold, metal table.

Fear.

Fear penetrated my soul. It was consuming and destructive.

Over the last few days it had become part of me. It controlled me and I was left as a hopeless victim to it.

There was nothing I could do except suffer under its power.

It made my insides turn and twist. It made the air leave my lungs and my heart drop into my stomach.

I continued to scream as his body entered my vision. He was saying something to me, I was almost sure I could see his lips moving through my blurry sight.

Tears drowned my eyes and screams left my throat raw and bloody.

My head throbbed and I felt myself to begin to lose consciousness. Through my squinted eyes, I could see his own widen at my state.

My cries grow louder as he removed the shackles from my arm and my feet. I welcomed darkness as my eyes fluttered shut, although I remained conscious as he carried me.

A gasp left my lips as a sharp pain shot through my neck. My eyes flew open while my heart took off at an unnatural speed.

"Ah, look who's wide awake now." He exclaimed, his eyes peering down at me.

I flinched as he stroked my face, his large hand wiping the endless flow of tears streaming down my burning cheeks. My entire body felt inflamed as the drug took over.

"Please," I choked out, "please don't."

A mocking look of pity took over his expression. "Oh Evie, I'm afraid I have to."