Chapter Eight

+++++

Chapter Eight

Sweaty palms? Check.

Pounding heart? Check.

Anxiety attack? Check.

I really had no idea why I was so nervous about meeting the rest of Kings. I was already a part of the gang, and I currently am living with the three most dangerous people in it.

Why, why was I nervous?

"You look as if you're about to piss your pants."

I turned to face Mason, who was standing just outside of my doorway, an amused look crossing his features.

"Leave me alone," I snapped, walking over to my drawers and flinging them open. I attempted to busy myself by sifting through all of my clothes, hoping to find a way to distract myself.

"A simple dress would suffice." He called out from behind me.

I shifted my body so that I was now facing him. "This okay?" I held up a plain black dress, which was far different from the revealing clothes I normally wore. Mason looked it over, before smiling.

"I'm sure Sebastian will love it." I nodded, before his words settled in, and my features quickly morphed into disgust.

"Proper dick, you are." I muttered, ignoring his laughter. I entered the bathroom and changed, a smile lifting the corners of my mouth as I admired myself in the mirror.

"You know," Mason spoke as soon as I exited the bathroom, "you're lucky I'm not quite as temperamental as Sebastian. He would have put you in your place for saying such things."

Mason must have been referring to my comment earlier, and the thought of Sebastian 'putting me in my place' sent a wave of butterflies mixed with annoyance over me.

"And what is my place?" I asked, my hands curling into fists. The slight pain in my left wrist reminded me that I would soon have to put the brace back on.

"You respect Mason. Callum, and most importantly, me. You will obey our orders and enough with your attitude, Miss Summers." Sebastian was now standing outside of my room, where Mason had been only minutes ago.

Did everyone just feel the need to come to my room?

I glowered at Sebastian, my jaw clenching and my features contorting into one of irritation.

"I'm lower ranked than you." I stated, not bothering to hide the vexation from my tone.

Sebastian merely smirked and openly let his eyes trail over my body. "Course you are. And, you're going to just have to get used to it." I scowled as he turned to leave, and watched as he paused, looking back at me once more.

"By the way," his eyes were lit deviously, "you look beautiful."

A blush rose on my cheeks and I immediately scoffed and turned away, stomping back into the bathroom. Mason didn't hesitate to start teasing me; his eyes bright like a young child's.

I swear, if he and Nate had met under different circumstances, they would have been the best of friends.

"You know, Sebastian is really not that bad of a person." Mason told me, watching as I applied a light layer of makeup.

"I find that hard to believe." I replied shortly.

"No really!" Mason insisted, now leaning against the counter, his eyes still on me. I couldn't help but roll my eyes at his statement. I found utterly absurd that Mason was now trying to convince me that Sebastian could possibly be a good person.