Does he hate me for that?

• Dedicated to Ronnielyn Bravo

Does he hate me for that?

 On the other day, I saw him at the lobby he wave at me when he sees me coming "hey, good morning" I really love to see he's smile in the morning I smile back "morning, what's up?' "Ms. Karen Say's we have a meeting today"

Ms. Karen is our Manager we always have a little pep talk or meeting every week we always sit at the back and he always sit beside me, we giggle and have a our little chat at the back just the two of us actually we don’t wanna listening pep talk is kinda’ boring, our work mate was always distracted by our giggles coz we kinda cause a little noise. Our manager always get pissed off she always send us out and we end up laughing after.

It's our little tactics to get out on the boring room but on that afternoon my best friend Michelle approached me "Uhmm...Gail I think Matt overheard everything" "overheard what?" I ask confused

"He heard us yesterday and he ask me about it" "what did he ask you exactly? And what did you say?" I ask Mich worriedly "I try to lie but he said he heard everything and he wants to be sure he heard it right, so I said the truth".

"Really, I was talking to him this morning and he never said anything?" I say worriedly and confused at the same time. I feel confuse coz I was just talking to him this morning and we we're happy, so I thought everything was okay.

 I was so shocked I never thought he would find out this early all I just said was 'oh...’ "what's his reaction?' I ask Mich "he says nothing and he walked away" after hearing that I felt like I want to cry my tears want to fall down on my cheeks but I fight back the tears coz I don’t want to cry just bcoz of a guy.

I want to confront and ask him about it, so I went to his desk but his seatmate say he's out for lunch with Richard his buddy Miko and Anna from my department HR Risa, Linda and Raffy from his department, Accounting Department, his avoiding me so I say goodbye and thank to Marc 'okay. He went out for lunch without me and Mich.

Our usual routine when lunch time is with the gang Michelle, Richard, Miko, Anna and me from my department and from his department with Risa, Linda, Raffy and him, but now they go out without me and Mich. I went back to my desk and stare at my computer.

Michelle appears on the side "hey, you’re not coming?' it's lunch time?"  "where are we going' for lunch?' I ask without looking at her and with a blank expression and still sitting on my chair "seem like your upset, why?" she grab my hand and pull from sit "uhit's nothing"

"we're having our lunch in our favorite Korean restaurant, I know you like bibimbap and California maki, where's Rich and Anna?" Mich ask waiting for the gang “they’re out for lunch with the rest of the gang and I don't know where?" she look around

"uhm that’s why you’re upset? So guess it's just the two of us? Come on" she pull from my sit and we walk out of the building. When we got to our favorite restaurant m eyes scan around hoping to find the rest of the gang sitting happily at the favorite spot but sadly there’s no one not even any of them I guess they change their favorite resto now.

After that day I notice that he was avoiding me, one time when I was walking down the hallway I was about to go the Accounting  Department when I saw them coming and heading towards my direction then Matt notice me and our eyes met I can see at far that he frown a little then he walk passed right at me like he never knew me, he never even say "hi" or look at me so I ignore it even inside of me was hurt.

Then the next day I was with Michelle we we're at the elevator and he was about to get in with Richard and Raffy. Raffy and Richard greet me good morning but Matt never say anything he just looked at me like he never knew me at all then continue talking to Raffy.

I don't know what they we’re saying so I decided to look down and take a deep breath and think what I’ve done to make him hate me or ignore me I really have no idea not even a clue what was wrong or what went wrong. I want to ask him what's wrong? Why his avoiding me and ignoring me? but I was afraid.

 I was afraid to know the answers to my questions. I really want to cry but I swallow the lump on my throat and try to hold my emotion then I feel Michelle hold my hand and squeeze, I don’t have idea what just happen, does he hate for that?