The warm feeling they had ignited in his chest extinguishes completely. "Fuck you, Shitty Four-Eyes. You are the one that usually stinks!"

They just laugh at him.

.0.0.0.0.0.

Levi stares.

The performer twirls around, hand on his heart, while he sings Lana Del Rey in a voice that sends shudders down Levi's spine. 'Summertime Sadness' has always been one of his favorite songs, even more so since he realized that he had been born in the wrong body, with suicide constantly on his mind. Listening to the emotion in the performer's voice is enough to tear him up. He wipes the evidence away before he faces Hange once more, who is completely enraptured by the singer.

"I told you this would be awesome!" They say with shining eyes, then look at the performer again. Levi does the same and finds himself staring once again.

The singer wears a sleeveless dark green cocktail dress mixed with a pair of tights and glittering green high heels. His - no, their, Levi knows how bad it can be to be tantalized with the wrong pronouns - long brown hair is open and cascades down the back in soft waves, while their makeup is simple. Dark eyeliner, green eyeshadow, and mascara. Nothing more.

Levi likes it. He likes it a lot.

The song ends. Immediately the audience begins to clap in applause, and Levi can't help but join in enthusiastically. Hange whistles loudly and Levi can actually see the performer blush on the stage.

"Thank you," they say in a voice that is clearly male. "I'm really flattered by all your support. I'll perform again next Saturday. Wait for me until then, alright?" They wink and Hange whistles once more. Levi wants to crawl into a hole and die.

He waits until the performer has left the stage and a guy has taken their place with his guitar that Levi turns to his friend. "Did you have to whistle?"

"Embarrassed?"

"No more than usual," Levi sighs. It is the sad truth that Levi always gets embarrassed whenever he and Hange hang out. At least it feels like this for him. "I was just wondering because you seemed almost eager to see this performer, is all."

"Oh, Levi, my sweet clean freak," Hange chides. "I whistled because you couldn't stop staring."

Levi feels a blush creep on his cheeks. Luckily for him, the bar is cast into darkness in that exact same moment - with only the stage lit - , so he doesn't have to face Hange's knowing look. "I don't know what you're talking about, Shitty Four-Eyes."

"Poor Levi, being flustered because of his feelings," Hange teases. "His name is Eren, by the way. You two would make a great couple."

"What the hell Hange?!" Several people turn to them after Levi's outburst. He just glares at them in the darkness before he continues, in a quieter voice, "Are you out of your fucking mind?"

"I love how you call me Hange when you're really irritated with me," they say, amused. "And no, I'm not out of my mind. I'm just worried. You've been pretty lonely these last couple of years, haven't you?"

Fuck Hange, of course, he'd been lonely. After realizing that he was born in the wrong body, his brief period of suicidal thoughts and finally his decision to transition, Levi had lost the support of the last bits of his family. His uncle Kenny had left the house without another word when he'd told him, only to throw him out later, and his mom had actually cried and yelled that she didn't understand why her beautiful Rebecca wanted to be a man. The only one who had shown a smidge of support was his cousin Mikasa, but since she lived on the other side of the country