Chapter 42: A Small Breakdown

Start from the beginning

Sans nodded and quietly followed Grillby, who was already in the kitchen, and turned to throw a quick glance at Ignatius.

Sans smiled, attempting to make it as friendly as possible.

Ignatius just looked at him with an expression that read, 'I hate you with a deadly passion' and scoffed.

Sans sped into the kitchen with a panic stricken face and didn't even dare look back.
_____________

Grillby was leaning on the kitchen counter when Sans came in.

"I'm so sorry about my dad."he apologized softly.

Sans smiled comfortingly at Grillby and slowly approached to him, taking his hand.

"it's alright babe..." He assured.

"No! It's not alright!" Grillby spat.

Sans stuffed both of his hands on his pockets and sighed.

"I just wanted... I was hoping my father would at least give you a chance to impress him..." Grillby's voice quivered.

Sans shot his gaze up at Grillby.

Lava-like tears began falling endlessly down the elemental's face.

Sans, shocked at the sight of Grillby- whom was usually a calm and collected individual -crying, since it was his first time ever seeing him do so, quickly rushed to his aid.

"grillby... babe... don't cry..." Sans consoled in a soft, soothing tone of voice.

By now, Grillby's face was drenched in his own tears.

He was a crying, yet silent mess.

"hey, we haven't even had dinner yet. we still have a shot at this! i can still win him over i bet. the night just started, grill. don't let a single opinion get to you. your brother already seems accept me, your mother...well... i'm not one hundred percent sure but i think she's okay with me dating you." Sans solaced.

Grillby nodded, still sobbing, and wiped his still flowing tears away.

"come here" Sans opened his short arms for a warm, bear hug, Grillby took without hesitation, leaning down for affection.

Sans leaned his skull on Grillby's chest and rubbed his back in circular motions.

The two of them stayed like that for a minute before Grillby decided to let go after calming down.

"I'm sorry about that..." Grillby laughed, once again wiping his tears off his face.

"it's fine. don't be." Sans reassured, getting on his tiptoes and kissing his boyfriend lightly on the cheek.

Grillby smiled with love in his eyes and leaned down to Sans' eye level, kissing him a more fierce passion.

Sans moaned softly in surprise, but kissed back, only to pull out after a long minute.

"we need to serve the food." he reminded.

"I know. It's just that I really needed that from you. You make my days- or nights- so much better. Having you is the best thing that has happened to me in my whole life." Grillby said.

Sans nuzzled his face into Grillby's chest and giggled.

"you too. i love you"

"I love you too. Guess we have to take care of serving and fixing the table foe dinner now"

"yeah."
______________

After a few minutes of working on setting up the table, it was done.

Grillby's family took a seat and looked down at their plate.

Grillby had made some enchiladas, and potato stew.

"Wow, brother. This looks fantastic!" Magnus exclaimed.

"Indeed" Grillby's mother agreed.

"Really good I must admit." Grillby's dad shook his head.

"Thank you all. Enjoy!" Grillby signaled.

Everyone began eating.

After a ten minute silence, Grillby's dad dropped his fork aside and looked at Sans.

"So, Sans," Ignatius began.

Sans got ready for the worse and took a deep breath unnoticeably.

"Are you a fighting type?"
_______________

Well that's all for now. Next chapter will be taking a while. I'mma be drawing Grillby's family, and I'll be going to school Thursday since it's finally rebuilt after the floods.

Leave comments, those are always the best!

Byeeeeee~

*Devilish laugh at next chapter*