At first I was confused but then I realized that wow, that is exactly something Liam would say. "Uh, well, in my defense," I licked my lips, "I'd spent more time with him in two months than any Siamese twins have with each other."

After she said nothing for a while, I decided to look up at Briana. "What?" I asked when she started lightly shaking her head, "Don't get offended."

"How can I not?" She asked as she started walking out again, "Everything you say is offensive."

"What?" I repeated, sitting up in my bed, "But I never mean to – ugh, you just get offended by everything I say!"

"That's because everything you say is offensive!" She yelled again from the living room.

"Well excuse me for being human and not knowing when to shut up!"

I groaned quietly when Briana didn't respond; but she was right. Most of the time I'd say something dumb and think it's funny – and then three years later I'd realize it wasn't all that funny.

I ran my hands through my hair and properly stretched for the first time since I'd woken up. When I decided it was still pretty early – pretty early as in 11:43 in the morning – for me to get up, I reached out for my phone on my nightstand, and was pretty happy when I saw my headphones were there too. Usually I'd have to throw an intergalactic search party in order to find them.

A minute later, when I finally had my earbuds in my ears and volume high enough to not hear if World War III broke out, I laid on my back and placed my forearm over my eyes. The reason I put on headphones in the first place, is so I wouldn't actually fall asleep again. No matter how lazy I was, I knew I'd feel bad if Briana had to do everything by herself. And she was making me coffee, anyway.

But a few minutes later I let that plan go down the toilet – when Briana ripped my earphones out of my ear, making me want to rip her heart out of her chest.

"What the fuck?" I shouted and quickly sat up, and looked at Briana; and if looks could kill, she would have been roasted.

"Your coffee is ready," She said in a flat tone and left the door open as she walked out, "And I'm not getting it for you."

"What?" I whined, stopping my music entirely so I'd hear her better. "Why not?!"

"'Cause this is the only way you'll get out of bed."

I closed my eyes and shook my head, tough love much? "You know what?" I said loudly, since we were pretty much speaking to each other from two different rooms, "Liam has a really cute friend."

"Forget about it, I don't need another white guy asking me to touch my hair." I snorted at that, which gave her a chance to continue speaking. "You guys are weirdos."

"He's not white," I blurted out, and then widened my eyes at my own words, "I mean. I think so. I don't know. He didn't look that white."

"It's called a tan, Snow White."

"No, I mean," I shifted as I tried finding the right words, "He isn't- his brother too. They're not, like, I mean I think they aren't white. I think. One of their parents might be- but, I dunno, maybe they lived somewhere like Hawaii or something before moving here. But I doubt it, his accent was pretty strong."

"You can't see me, but I'm fondling my Dumbledore beard because I got a hundred years older while waiting for your point."

I rolled my eyes at that, "Well I apologize for not wanting to sound fucking offensive!" I shouted, and there was silence for a few seconds. "My point is, he's cute and possibly not white, and I know how much you hate us."

"Yeah, I hate you all so much that I live with one of you," Briana said – if only her voice wasn't so casual, I could have laughed a little less. "Your coffee's getting cold."

And there went her chance at being- meeting Zayn at least, down the waterfall. If she only had any idea what she just missed out on. "Alright," I muttered to myself, and finally accomplished one of my goals of the day, which was getting out of bed.

"Hello, sunshine," I grinned as I stretched again while walking out of my- well, our room. "The day is lovely, isn't it?"

Briana raised one eyebrow at me, a rather amused look on her face. "For someone who's got a bed next to a window, it sure took you a while to notice." She took another gulp of her coffee, as I looked outside the window that was right across from where I was sitting at the table – and may I say, we possibly had the best view of Wolverhampton out of all the people that lived in the city.

"Yeah, it's amazing," I said, bringing my cup to my lips. "It's still a little foggy, but I'm glad it's not snowing, or anything. It's almost February, the weather should be getting prettier, don't you think?"

"You're awfully cheery, all of a sudden." I looked at Briana with a questioning look, to which she smiled. "I mean, just like two days ago you were nearly in tears because of Liam. And now you're saying his name like nothing ever even happened."

I sighed, and looked outside the window again. "Yeah," I mumbled, "I'm kind of beginning to accept that it's over now. Like, I've had my hopes up for a month, I think it's time to stop that."

"You sure?" She raised her eyebrows at me, a genuinely concerned look in her eyes – I hated how she knew me better than anyone.

"Yes, completely," I smiled. "You know what, I'll go plug the speakers in my phone so we can clean with music playing."

Briana was literally taken aback by that – I hated that I didn't have a camera to get a picture of her face like that. "Wait, really?" She asked, her voice matching her expression.

"Yeah, but it won't be that loud, 'cause my speakers are shit," I said, already walking to our room. I had some of the boxes in there, such as the ones where I'd put my laptop and other electronics in, along with my speakers. That was, of course, the first box I'd opened when we got in the apartment.

Just to make sure my phone wouldn't die while we cleaned, I rummaged through the box to find the charger, and after a long minute I finally had it in my hand. "Briana?" I called with a frown on my face as I walked to my bed, since I knew there was one socket there. "Did someone ring the bell?"

"Um, Sally?" I turned around, and was a little surprised to find her standing at the door frame. "You might wanna come here."

"What?" I blinked at her, but she said nothing. "What in the world..?" I stood up and began walking toward the living room, completely forgetting that I was only wearing a jersey shirt and white spandex shorts – my usual sleeping outfit – and that whoever had rung the bell would probably be weirded out by my lack of clothing.

Though once I walked past Briana, I realized that the person wouldn't be weirded out after all – not when this person had seen me completely naked multiple times.

"Hi," Liam said, leaned against the door frame of the front door, his cheeks flushed, and his breathing heavy.

The elevator must be out of order again.

*******

Fillers are fun to write

And you know, if you're sad about this coming to an end you should check out my new fanfic Intrepid if you want to (jk, you should definitely check out Intrepid I am foRCING YOU TO DO IT (jk again but yeah go check out Intrepid))