Jane Ives

ELEVEN'S POV

My eyes flutter open. I see a view of a sleeping Mike. My arms were rapped around Mike. I  carefully un-rap my arms from Mike's body. I get out of bed to the kitchen were I find Will on the couch watching "The Shining" on the edge of his seat chewing on his nails. "You need to cut down on the Stephen King" I say. "You need to cut down on the eggos" We both laugh "Fair enough" i shrug. I walk to the kitchen, Mom (Joyce) already had eggos in the toaster and whipped cream on the table, "whats this for?" I ask. "A thanks giving breakfast" Mom says happily while placing the forks on the table neatly. "Why? I thought the big meal was for dinner" I say sitting down. "Well you will be spending the 'big meal' with some one much more important in your life" She smiles, "May I ask who?". Silence fills the air between us. 'AAH' Will's scream echos into the kitchen, I look at Will, a gory scene comes on the screen, I make a grossed out face and turn back to mom . "Your birth mom" Mom says making eye contact with me. My jaw drops. "I-I.... What?" Confusion shoots across my face, leaving my skin a pail tone of milky white. Then Mike walks into the room. 

MIKE'S POV

"Are you okay?" I ask. Eleven turns to me. The blood was drawn from her face, tears were welling  her eyes. Her mouth opened but nothing came out. She closed her mouth and speed walked out of the kitchen, she walked past me.  "Did I do something wrong" Joyce said with a concerned look on her face. "I'll talk to her." I bite my lip. Will was all so watching whats going on. I walk to her bed room were she sits on her bed fiddling her fingers, with tears softly dripping on them. "Are you okay El?". She sniffles. "No..." She looks at me. "Whats wrong El? Your meeting your birth mom. You should be exited". "I-I know, but I'm just nervous, and scared. and what if she hates me, no wonder she gave me away to the lab." She wiped her tears away. "El, you'r mom probably loved you dearly. Maybe you got taken into the lab from her." She shrugs. "I'm just gunna hope for the best... But i'm starving so lets go eat." She wipes away her tears but they come again. "Are you sure okay El?".  She stays silent. Her breath gets shaky as she tries to spit out "no". I rush by her side, cradling her in my arms. "I-I juts-" She sobs but I cut her off, "I know, I know how you must feel about this. But I we will be in this together, I will be right by your side the whole time." I wipe away her warm tears sliding down her porcelain cheek. The tears seam to stop coming from her eyes, and a gorgeous smile spreads across her face like a ray of sunshine on a stormy day. "I love you Mike, I love you so much". A smile spreads across my face too. "I love you to Eleven" I kiss her nose. We both get up to the kitchen. Will turns his movie off and sat at the dining table waiting for us. "Are you okay El?" he asks. "Yeah, I'm fine now" Eleven smile grows wider, she puts a warm eggo on her plate and sprayed some cream on it. "I'm sorry Eleven. I didn't mean to spring the pressure of meeting your birth mom on you so fast" Joyce says sitting down. "It's fine, I'm fine" She says taking a bite of her food. Gosh, she never gets tired of eggos. She has tried chicken wings and pizza and she likes them, but not as much as eggos. Its really cute. But I guess I find every flaw and imperfection that she thinks she has, looks cute and perfect through my eyes. It is just what makes Eleven, Eleven. And I could not ask for her to change one bit. 

*AT THE DINNER*

ELEVEN'S POV

My (non birth) mother knocks on the door to my birth mothers house. Her sister opens the door..... My aunt....  My eyes widened. Mike and I were holding hands, we were hiding our hands behind my frail figure and Mike's masculine body. Puberty hit him like a truck, when I met him he was the size of me when I was twelve. But in the past year he shot up, gained more muscles out of no were. He is now 5'7 and I'm 5'4. My mother stood behind me. My aunt smiles. "Come in,come in."  her soft voice went straight through one ear and came out the other. I wasn't thinking, I stayed frozen. I don't know for how long I stood there but Mike ended up softly tugging my hand, hinting me to walk. I breathed in and held it, I clenched Mike's hand and stepped in. It's a nice dainty house. She guided us to a table, I sit in front of a lady. My head is bowed down to avoid eye contact of the woman in front of me. I got a glimpse of her. She hair was brown and tangled in a bun. She wore a blue dress. "Jane".My aunt says. "J-jane?" My head goes up, meeting eyes with my aunt, It doesn't feel right. "That's your name." The color drains from my face, I want to leave...I just want to go home. I look at Mike who is sitting next to me. He squeeze my hand. "Its  going to be okay". I take a deep breath in and nod. "So this is your birth mom... T-terry Ives... She can't speak right though, so I'm speaking for her." She said. I look at my  Terry, I don't want to call her my mom. She was that rugged woman I saw before I sat down. A smile spreads across her face... "I-I can't do this... I'm so sorry, thank you for your time, but I really can't do this" I say getting up out of my chair. "I'm so,so sorry" I say walking out of the door looking at the hurt in my (real) family's faces.