A Journey of One Thousand Miles

Boredom consumed me, the castle had and endless supply of it, there's nothing to do, it's boredom at it's greatest, actually, I take that back, it's boredom at it's worst, it's like living a life with no purpose, which is exactly what I was doing.

Castle Garland, my home since I can remember, no one went in, no one walked out. Well, except for Garland, he's... a work. Not exactly a fatherly figure, or motherly, I don't really know what he is, he's never taken off his full body armor, full plate, real sharp fingertips for gauntlets, and an odd helmet, with horns on top; That's Garland for you, he's mysterious, I don't know anything about him, is the armor part of puberty? Do I get that at 13? Do I lose my vocal cords? I don't know if he's my actual parent, but that's the thing, the only thing I know about him, is that I don't know anything about him; ironic.

I'm Orion, or Onion, or whatever, there's not much to me, no hardships, or fun memories to shape who I am, wallowing in self pity is the only thing I'm good for. My friend Faer calls me Onion, even though it's annoying, he looks like an alien, probably cause he is one, his name is actually the name of his species, a great civilization, the Faer were, they conquered many solar systems, and from what I know, my home planet too, it's kinda weird, but once he's the only company, it's easy to get chummy with him, in fact, he's the only one to get chummy with, Garland doesn't talk... it's lonely.

Garland went out at 11:00AM to do God knows what, and came back at 7:00PM to at least attempt to cook, he was bad at it, mostly cause of his armor, he couldn't taste anything, cause he didn't eat, and refused to take his helmet off, and his armor got in the way.

Wait, how do I know you aren't just going to sell us out with this info?

I see.

From the top, I'm Orion, and I hate giant demon looking buttwipes that take my girlfriends home in an inferno with the wave of his finger.

Let me explain.

_______________________________________________________________________

A boring day, in a boring castle, shaped like the "most badass dude to ever exist!" according to Faer, he makes a lot of stories about how Garland saved him from mass genocide of his kind, but I don't buy it; It's all complete nonsense.

"You ever wonder what it's like to walk outside the castle?" Faer said to me.

"Yeah, sometimes." I replied.

We got a good picture of what the world outside was from the balcony, dark, desolate, but we had a limited view, only the beach, a few hills, and an island in the distance, with a lighthouse that stood out very well, standard white and yellow stripes.

"I'm going out there one day." I said to Faer.

"Nu-uh, it's real dangerous out there." he replied, with monstrous amounts of fear in his tone. "I ain't never going out there again, once I snuck out, and a giant crab tried to pinch me in half! Luckily Garland was there, and he did save me, but I got grounded for a month!" he said, putting emphasis on the time he was grounded.

"Suit yourself, I want something other than this dump" I responded, I wanted out there so badly, it was so boring in here! I just had to get out, and so that night, I decided to break out of this hell-hole.

In the dead of night, I opened my window, my reflection acted upon the four glass panes on it, I could see my terrified, yet exited look in each of them, I tried to pay little attention to it, as I needed to focus on my escape, I opened up the window fully, to which it hit the outside wall, I looked down, it was a long fall, and as I turned to climb down, in the window glass reflection, I saw a glimpse of something... the lighthouse? I don't understand how I can see it so clearly, even in a blurry glass reflection, why was I seeing it so often? Again, I tried to pay little attention to it, and climbed down the stone bricks, how I did it I have yet to understand, it was bricks I was climbing, it's as if it was magic, like I was born to climb down that wall.

I kept climbing down, it felt like 2 seconds to climb down, and before I knew it, my foot hit solid ground, but in a different way than the stone tile floor in Castle Garland. I felt myself smile more than I'd ever before.

Something new in Orion's life.

Who'd've thought.