•Festival•Chapter 16•

•Nagisa's POV•

I ended up late because it was the day of the festival. The subway was full of people. Everyone was wearing kimonos and yukatas.

•Your POV•

"Don't worry Nagisa, I understand. It's really busy around my house since it's next to the festival. Come inside."

He smiles, nods and walks inside. That warm smile...it's gonna be the death of me. Nagisa follows me into the living room where we both sit down on the couch. I end up standing back up and pace around the room.

"So, ummm....Nagisa.." He looks over at me, his eyes are open wide.

"Is something wrong (Y/N)?"

It's true.

I chose Nagisa.

I asked him to come over. But something doesn't feel right. "I invited you over today to tell you..." My mind goes blank. I can't think of the right words to choose. I stop pacing when Nagisa stands up and walks over to me. He grabs my cheek gently.

"He's at the festival."

"What?"

"Go to him, (Y/N). Please." He smiles and a tear runs down his cheek, which breaks my heart. "Don't worry (Y/N), I only want you to be happy."

He kisses my cheek and this time a tear runs down my own cheek. "I'm sorry Nagisa." I realize now what I have to do.

•Karma's POV•

The fireworks burst. Many colors appear in the sky. I wonder who else is looking at this sky with me.

"K-Karma!" I hear a faint voice call out to me. I turn around and see someone running towards me. Is it someone I know? They are wearing a (F/C) kimono. How are they able to run in that?

I'm not dressed up or anything. Since I'm not here with anyone, there is no point. Besides, the only one we have is my fathers and I would prefer not to wear it.

"Karma!" Another shout. They start to become clearer the closer they get to me.

It's...(Y/N)?

•Your POV•

I continuously stumble over my kimono. It's so long, and my sandals are difficult to run in. The only reason I haven't fallen over is all the training during class.

Karma turns around and looks at me. He has a confused expression on his face. Finally I catch up to him. He is standing alone, looking over the bridge at the fireworks.

"K-Karma..." I breathlessly say.

"(Y/N)?! What are you doing here?!"

"N-Nagisa told me to come. I needed to t-tell you something important." I walk even closer to him. My heart beats faster and faster. I stand up on my toes to reach his face. I wrap my arms around his neck and place my lips against his. Closing my eyes, I enjoy the moment. The sound of fireworks behind us, and the warm feeling of his lips. I want to remember this moment forever.

I gently pull away, his face is red from shock and embarrassment. "I love you Karma."

"I love you too (Y/N). Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Of course."