15) Siblings & Marriage (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

"Why are you nervous about Bernard?" he asked.

I already feel the butterflies in my stomach from nervousness, "I haven't seen him in three years, I haven't seen him since he knew"

He smiled reassuringly, "He misses you"

I looked at him unbelievingly with a smile, "he does?"

"Yes, he always talks about you, he missed you a lot"

I smiled until he whispered, "we all missed you"

I looked at him with shock then smiled, "thank you"

I looked at my hands but I could feel him looking at me. I tried to break this uncomfortable situation.

"Where are the others?" I asked looking at the stairs.

"They are getting dressed," he paused then said when I did not move, "why can't you look at me?"

I looked at him with confidence, "here I am"

We kept looking at each other as if we were daring the other to look away until the doorbell rang.

Oh, thank God.

Everyone came down, then. And the new servant who I found out her name was Palma, came to the door and opened it.

Everyone went to the door while I stood far away so that no one would notice me. When they all finished saluting each other, Meg said excitedly, "now, to my surprise for all of you. Come out, my dear"

I approached them and they all exclaimed and to my surprise, Daphne ran to me for a hug, "I really missed you, cousin"

I hesitated but hugged her in the end, "You did?"

She broke the hug, "I know that my way of treating you was terrible in the past but... You could say that I learnt my mistake"

I gave her a wide smile and hugged her again, "I cannot tell you how glad I am from that change"

Aunt Mildred approached me next and kissed my forehead, "So glad to have you between us again"

I hugged her. I was never close to her though she is an amazing woman. After a second or two, she leaned into my embrace.

I went to granny and kissed her hand.

"We have been living three years without problems," she said, "I hope you do not ruin that"

Somethings never change!

I ignored Vincent's presence, of course then, I went to Bernard and stood in front of him.

We stood there until we both smiled,

"Sister!" he said with a teary voice but a wide smile.

"Brother!" I said. I could feel my heart warm up from that word.

Then, he opened his arms and I ran to his embrace in the longest hug.

"I will be jealous like that," Daphne said smiling.

"I wish," Bernard whispered to himself but I heard him.

After that, we sat down and started talking. Everyone talked about their extraordinary life then; we ate our dinner and drank our teas till it was time for them to leave.

I elbowed Bernard then, whispered, "Don't leave, now, there is a lot of things to discuss"

He didn't understand but nodded, so when everyone was saying goodbye, he told them that he is going to stay with his sister a little longer.