Chapter 42

“Are you going to be okay in here tonight Love?” Harry asked as we walked closer to the door of the club.

“Yeah Haz. I should be fine.”

“It’s just… I know how tempting vodka is to you.”

“But the thought of hurting you again is enough to curve that temptation.”

I saw him smile as he opened the door, “After you.”

I nodded a thanks as I walked in and made my way to the table we’ve donned as ‘our table’.

“Hey Birthday boy!” Louis cheered as we approached.

Harry rolled his eyes with a smile, “Hey Lou. You alright?”

“Yeah, absolutely! Have a seat will ya’. Can I get you two a drink?”

We slid into the booth and greeted everyone, “Gin and tonic for me.”

“Just water please Lou.” He gave me a questioning look before smirking and walking towards the bar.

“So ‘arry how’d you spend your day?”

“Lounging around the flat and watching movies. I even got Natalie to cook for me.”

Niall chuckled, “Awe were you two all snuggled up on the couch together?”

My jaw dropped and I shot him a look as my cheeks flushed. He smirked and raised his eyebrows at me as Harry chuckled and looked at his lap. Louis came back then with our drinks, “Here you are.”

“Cheers mate.”

“Thanks Lou.”

“So Liam are you going to see Sophia again?” Eleanor asked from beside him.

“Um,” Liam’s cheeks grew rosy and I smiled as I picked up my drink. “Yeah I think so. She was really…” my eyes grew as I took a small sip and immediately set it back down as there was a burn running down my throat that shouldn’t be there.

Harry looked at me concerned, “Everything alright Love?”

I shook my head slightly as I looked at him, “That’s not water.”

“What?” I raised my eyebrows at him as he took a minute to think about what I meant. Anger flashed across his face, “Bloody hell that bastard!” he growled as he turned to say something to Louis.

“Haz don’t,” I grabbed his arm to stop him. “It’s okay, he didn’t know.”

He huffed, “Do you want me to go get you some water?” I nodded with a grateful expression. He gave me a curt nod before glaring at Louis as he got up and walked towards the bar.

“Awe, whas’a’matta Nat?” Louis smirked.

“Haz is going to get me some actual water,” I sassed.

“Have you stopped liking vodka?”

“No I’m just trying to stop drinking.”

He chuckled, “Why?”

“Uh… Harry didn’t tell you guys?” I looked around at the blank stares and shaking heads. I nodded sighing out a breath and looking down at my interlocked fingers resting on the table as I replied, “Um well… I kinda… I bruised him.” There were a few gasps and a barked ‘what?’ from my right.

“Oh, now I feel like a jerk.”

“No, no, it’s okay… I guess I’m a violent drunk.”

“You weren’t violent at mine,” Niall interjected.