XV

.. Day 11

Another gloomy painful day for you. Just when you woke up from your sleep at the hospital, Victoria and Caleb greet you with their wedding invitation. That's right, you almost forgot what Cameron told you. They'll get marry tomorrow.

The person that you love and need the most will get marry to another woman tomorrow.

You put the wedding invitation on the desk beside the bed while staring at the ceiling. You just hm-ed and ah-eh at whatever Victoria said with a fake smile plastered on your face. You knew Caleb was staring at you all the time but you were too hurt and too scared to stare at him.

You tried to get him out of your mind when suddenly the doctor came inside your room to check your condition. The nurse helped him and you just did what he told to do.

"Doc.." You called the doctor while your empty eyes were still staring at the blanket. "Yes?"

"Can I go home now?"

The doctor pinched his lips upward while thinking, "I don't know. You're still kinda weak, and you still need lots of rest." You shifted your gaze at him and now you're staring at him with your pleading eyes, "I need to attend my best friend's wedding tomorrow. I can't stay here forever."

After arguing with the doctor, and with some help from Victoria and Caleb, the doctor finally sighed in defeat and nodded in agreement. You smiled and thanked him before you packed all your clothes happily.

At least I can go home and lock myself inside without him around me. You thought secretly inside your mind.

You tilted your head to the side when you felt someone tapped your shoulder. Victoria showed yo her phone telling you that she needs to pick up the phone, you nodded and let her walked out of your room, leaving you and Caleb alone inside.

You felt the atmosphere around you started to get awkward and that makes you feel kinda uncomfortable, and nervous. When Caleb stepped closer and stood beside you, you almost couldn't feel your legs. You took a deep breath before you continue to pack your things.

What makes you suprised the most was e=when you felt his arms wrapped around your waist from behind. He gave you tight backhug while burrying his face on your shoulder. "Wait-" He said when you were about to pulled yourself away from him, "Just-- stay like this. For a few seconds." He whispered softly.

Something slapped you mentally when you almost fell for him again. With an arching heart, you pulled yourself away from him and turned around t face him again. You were hurt when you saw his shocked face, his eyes rounded and his lips part a little. You could see some pain from his eyes.

"...I-I'm sorry." You sighed and shifted your gaze back to your things. He stared at your back with his unreadable eyes while clenching his fist.

"Why.." He whispered. "Is it because of that Blake guy?"

You shook your head, trying to ignore every nonsense he said. He began to raised his voice while talking about Blake and that started to pissed you."Caleb, Blake has nothing to do with this so please, stop talking nonsense about him." You forced a smile.

"You're protecting him." He chuckled sarcastically before a hard slap landed on his right cheek. He put his palm on his redden cheek while staring at you in disbelief. You also stared at your own palm in disbelief.

"... Just-" You took a deep breath before you sighed in defeat, "Stop." With that you grabbed your bad, about to leave the room before Caleb grabbed your wrist and pulled you into his embrace. 'Don't go."

Without you realizing, tears already flowed out from your eyes and you already clutched on his shirt tightly. You sobbed while biting your lips, knowing that you will lost the person you love in a few hours. "We need to stop, Caleb. We need to stop." You said between your cries while shooking your head.

"I know.." He whispered weakly while biting his lips because pain started to crawled on his heart, "I just can't see you with another man.." He pressed his forehead on yours softly as your eyes met his. His warm palm cupped your cheeks softly.

"Do you love me?" You asked just when he was about to leaned in and kissed you. He quickly froze and pulled away a little to stared at your eyes. "Do you.. still love me?" You asked again.

He shook his head desperately before he whispered his answer, "How could I stop loving you after what we've been through together all this time, Hannah?" He gritted his teeth due all the pain inside his heart.

"Do you love her?" You asked again with your shaky, "Do you love Victoria?"

While waiting for his answer, you clenched your hand as hard as you can to held back our tears. Just by seeing his face, you already know that he obviously loves her more than you.

"Excuse me," A nurse suddenly opened the door and both of you stared at her. "Are you Miss Victoria's friend? I saw her walked out from this room and I think I need to tell you that she accidentally hurt her arm, it's just a scratch and the doctor is treating her right now."

Your heart ached when you saw the way Caleb's eyes rounded when he heard the news about his future wife got hurt. The nurse smiled and bowed before she left.

Caleb was about to walked out but quickly grabbed his wrist. "Stay." Caleb frowned in confusion after he heard what you just said. "If you still love me then stay. I'm hurt too remember?" You forced a smile with your teary eyes.

It feels like the whole world were about to collapse when Caleb pulled his hands away from you . The moment when he took his first step away from you, that's when you realized .. That you've completely lost him.

"I'm sorry but I've to go check on her. I'll be back." he whispered before he walked away from you.

You stared at the ground while tears kept flowing, you laughed at yourself while shooking your head, "It's okay.. No need to.." You whispered weakly as you dragged your legs out from the room.

You don't want to meet him anymore. You can't bear all of those pains anymore. You're tired. You're dying. And you knew that.

You took a taxi back to your apartment without saying any words to Victoria or Caleb. Right after you arrived at your apartment , you gathered all the gifts, couple things, everything that will reminded you about Caleb on your bed.

"Hey cutie. Mommy will take you to a better place okay?" You smiled at the kitten before you put her inside the cage and put her on the couch before you walked outside and went to the nearest pet shop.

After you board out the kitten, you walked back to your apartment and locked the main door. You dragged your legs to the window near your bed and slid it open. You let the soft breeze hit your face,

Something popped out inside your mind and you decided to write it down on a piece of paper and put in on your dining table near the kitchen.

Satisfied with it, you walked back to the window and sat on the window frame while swinging your legs softly, enjoying the soft breeze. You spent your time until the sky get dark.

I can't take it anymore. I feel like I'm going crazy. I can't bear these pains any longer. It's hurts so fucking much and I feel like dying because of it. I'm tired.

With a bitter smile, you took something out from your pocket and throw it to the bed. "Let it all turns into ash.." You smiled as you closed your eyes. ".. and fly away with the wind."

***

this story is about to end guuuuuysss , huhu

so stay tuned peeps bcs next chappy might be the last one .