One Dance

"I give it five years, max," Liam said, toasting the happy couple.

"You're just jealous that it's never going to be you," Asa replied, sipping from her bubbly champagne.

"Me, jealous of them?" Liam looked incredulous. "Just look at them, it's disgusting."

Her eyes tracked the newly weds across the wooden dance floor, as Mathison drew his bride, Katherine (or 'you can call me, Kate'), closer into the beginning of a choreographed dance.

Liam turned toward Asa. "As if I'd ever want to be the unlucky man roped into learning an embarrassing dance for his wedding."

Asa nodded, conceding his point. The way they were dancing left something to be desired.

"Maybe it wouldn't be so embarrassing if more men learnt to dance properly." She winced as Mathison did a particularly ungraceful spin.

"You know, I really don't understand men's aversion to dancing," she continued, as a knowing smile tilted the corner of her lips. "There's something so attractive about a man who knows how to move his body."

"What type of dancing are you talking about? This is so stilted and ... upright." Liam sounded disappointed, as he placed his empty champagne flute onto a tray that one of the waiters was walking by with.

Asa laughed, the decadent cadence of her voice sending a rush of warmth through Liam's body. "Oh Liam, I know you're only interested in the horizontal tango, but that would hardly be appropriate in the middle of a wedding, would it?"

Her eyes twinkled with mirth, and Liam couldn't stop his gaze from running down the gentle slope of her neck, to the plunging neckline of her dress, which revealed the rounded globes of her breasts, jiggling before him like some divine offering.

How had Liam known Asa for so long, and never admired the body she had? Liam didn't know how he'd lost sight of it (although he could hazard a guess that it was somewhere between having to play in the bath together with Mathison and only being attracted to buxom blondes, the opposite of Asa, now that he thought about it), standing with her now, Liam couldn't deny that she was the most beautiful woman he'd ever seen. And she wasn't even naked.

Not yet, the thought winnowed through Liam's mind, but she'll be naked and ready for you soon enough.

Liam blinked, clearing his head. "As a matter of fact, I know more than the horizontal tango." He paused then added in a low whisper into her ear. "And I would be happy to give you a demonstration of all my skills."

Asa coughed into her champagne flute. Her elegance disappearing in that one act as some of the champagne she'd been in the middle of swallowing was regurgitated into the fine glass.

Liam chuckled, and he watched as a fierce blush rose to her cheeks.

"Okay, yes," she said hotly, "I would like a demonstration of your skills."

"Which one?" Liam asked, quirking an eyebrow at her. "Because really, Asa, I would have thought you knew better than to do the horizontal tango in the middle of a wedding."

If there was one thing Liam knew how to do well, it was riling Asa up. He enjoyed mincing her words back to her, it always engendered her ire, and an angry Asa made for an entertaining night.

"Your dancing," Asa said through gritted teeth, looking for a waiter with a new champagne flute.

Liam grabbed her out-stretched hand, drawing the glass closer to his lips, so he could take a gulp of the champagne.

"Wha-?" Her mouth opened into a little 'o' of surprise.

Liam grinned devilishly in answer. "Hmm, tastes like Asa," he murmured, enjoying the way her nose wrinkled in disgust as she yanked her hand out of his grip like she'd been scalded.