08 | meeting and greeting

Start from the beginning

Costello.

"I'm fine, but what about you? Eleven calls in the last few hours? Has something happened, something-" I gulp. "-bad?"

What surprises me next is the laughter coming through from the other line; Nina's uncontrollably high pitched giggles. "Of course not, darling. I wanted to invite you out to the airport with me and the gang"

I fiddle with a piece of fabric, fraying from my shirt. "Um..why?"

Nina clears her throat.

"To pick up Viktoria and Sebastian Hunt. They've just arrived back this morning, and both of them are dying to meet you"

—————————

COSTELLO HELPS ME into the van, his left hand softly supporting the small of my back as I ungraciously stumble into the vehicle, painted an old army green.

I take the seat in the middle, where I'm squished between a half-asleep Manny, and Costello, who sips at his black coffee.

Shane lifts a very petite Karen into the passenger seat, a blush creeping up his neck when his fingers accidentally brush against her thigh. "Oh m-my, I'm really sorry" He stutters, jumping back.

Karen buckles up, reaching over and squeezing Shane's hand. "Don't worry about it. We're human. It happens"

A small smile plays at my lips as I watch the exchange between the two. Nina slides into the back, tapping me on the shoulder.

"I just wish he'd tell her. Shane's admiration for Karen hasn't died down since the moment they met" Nina whispers.

Nodding, I close my eyes for a few moments. When I open them, Shane is behind the wheel, pulling out of his driveway. We all had agreed to round up outside Shane's flat, to catch a ride in his van to the airport. The realisation that I'm about to encounter Viktoria and Sebastian starts to make me sweat buckets.

Then, as if reading my mind, Costello leans in close to me. He smells different today. Less like spices, more sweet and inviting. I clutch onto him for support, almost sensing the shit-eating grin Nina is sending our way. "I knew it..." I hear her mutter quietly.

"Why are you so nervous?" Costello asks, the skinny lamp posts and cloudy sky blurring as the van rolls by.

"From what everyone has told me, the Hunt siblings sound...intimidating"

Nina has told me that Sebastian is a powerful businessman in the making, at only twenty one, looking to take over Hunt & Pristine Co. from his father and his father's work partner. Viktoria acts more her age, partying and hooking up with whoever has a certain amount of cash to their name, or abs on their chest. She is slightly younger than her brother, and much less mature and respectable...

But that's just what I've been told.

"Don't worry about them. I've known Seb since kindergarten, and he has a heart somewhere in his body" Costello shifts in his seat, taking out a marker that was jammed. into the leather interior.

"And Viki. She's just a kid. I bet if you allow her to take you shopping, she would warm up to you just like that" Clicking his fingers, Costello takes off the pen cap, and presses the black tip against my palm.

For the next five minutes he traces and shades and details all over my skin. When he completes his work, Shane has begun to pull into the airport parking lot.

As everyone stumbles out of the van, pins and needles in their feet, I look down at the little drawing on my palm.

A tiny love heart, with the initials 'C + D' neatly written in cursive, inside of it.

—————————

I REALLY LIKE my outfit, until I see them.

Sebastian is dressed in a burgundy velvet suit, his muscles pulsing from under it. An expensive pair of black sunglasses with gold rims hides his eyes, and the shoes that support his feet have to be Italian.

My gaze shifts to the girl beside him, no doubt his little sister. Viktoria wears a tight-fitting lavender dress, that is short at the front, long in the back. White fishnet stockings cover her legs, and stop just above her stripper heels.

They both look...expensive.

Together, the Hunt's walk through the airport, earning glances from those around them. Men in all black attire form a triangle around the siblings, their faces blank and cold. Bodyguards, of course.

When they stop in front of us, I'm able to properly take a look at their appearances. Sebastian whips off his sunnies, exposing tired eyes that droop slightly. Viktoria seems invested in something on her phone; the sound of her acrylic nails against the glass screen is obnoxiously loud.

"You're excused for the day" Sebastian waves his bodyguards away, his voice demanding. One of the men in black step forward, clearing his throat.

"With all due respect Sir, your father asked us to make sure you get back home-"

Sebastian shoots the man a glare, cutting him off. In unison, the bodyguards turn on their heels and disappear from view, without another word distributed.

Viktoria finally lifts her eyes from her device, locking with mine. "So you're Donna" She studies me, an unreadable expression plastered across her face.

"We've heard a lot about you" Sebastian adds, smirking. I fiddle nervously with the silver chain around my neck.

"All good things I hope..."

I grind my teeth together, and look over at Manny for help. But when I see him staring, completely in awe, at the fashion-forward Sebastian, I know one thing...

Manny has found his cute London boy...
even if he doesn't know it yet.

—————————