"That's Master Lucien's normal seat," I answer. Mistress immediately takes her hands off the chair and hops over to the next one. "Is this one okay?" she asks.

Before I get to answer, a dark-haired vampire slips through the door and brushes behind me.

He gives me a quick smirk and then pulls out his chair, but rather than sitting in it himself, turns to Mistress.

"Please Madam," he stands patiently, holding the seat out. A surprised look hits her face first before a slight blush replaces it. Lifting her dress, she quickly scoots in and only when seated, did Master Lucien pull out a seat one away from her. I take to moving his table set to his new seat.

Alvena nudges me from the side. I ignore it thinking that it is an accident but then she starts making faces.

"Master Lucien," I address and he turns to me, with his still unreadable expression. "I wanted to...apologize for the inconvenience last time."

"A 'thank you' would be plenty, no need for formal apologies," he says, amusement in his voice. I only stare at him.

"Okay." I walk back next to Irina who greets me with a bright smile. She is much friendlier with me nowadays.

The doors swing open as Adrian escorts Master Niles and Master Liam inside with Master walking alongside. Alvena jumps from her seat as if greeting them and Master Lucien lets out a chuckle as the three vampires trickle in. Master Niles plants himself down right away, but observing that Master Alek remains standing, he reluctantly gets back up.

"Please," Master motions for Mistress to take her seat first.

"Yes, thank you, Master Aleksandar," Alvena mutters quietly.

"Like last time," Master smiles at her with his especially golden eyes. "Alek is fine."

She nods shyly and keeps her head down as the masters engage in conversation regarding the human and vampire populations within their own districts. I learn there is an important meeting for the high nobles of the Western Province very soon. Every twenty years or so, they present their findings and statistics to the Pureblood assigned to the area.

I wonder if I should be eavesdropping on such important matters. But I can't help it, I have to stand in line.

"The human population in Argid has increased," Master shares his news with slight concern. "Except four percent below the forecasted level. That is, not accounting for possible exaggerated numbers from the reports." He puts down his papers and folds his hands. "What of yours?"

"We are below five percent from the last census," Master Liam sighs as he sips from his usual.

"Negative two percent," Master Lucien says, not too dissatisfied after hearing the prior two.

Master Niles struggles hiding a grin. "Our human population has, on the contrary, exceeded the forecasted levels. There is a nine percent increase from twenty years ago," he boasts. "Vampire population is also on a steady increase of two percent per year." He makes no effort to hide his pride. I admire how he loves his people.

I go refill their glasses. Master casually throws in, "Niles, Evelyn is from Ashenvale."

Master Niles's jaw drops and Master Liam has to push it back up.

"The Disabled is from Ashenvale?" he whispers in horror to Master. I hear him clearly though. Master nods and the Lord of Ashenvale tilts back upright in his own seat. He lets out a hesitant laugh. "Of what family, if I may ask?"

"The Ayers, Master Niles," I reply as I pour into his almost empty glass. Master Liam lets out a laugh as he tries pushing Master Niles's jaw up again.

When he collects himself, he grabs my hand in disbelief. "How come I never heard of you? I am close friends with the Ayers," he interrogates.

"They hid me most of the time and left me at the Western church when I was old enough to train. They fear I will disgrace them because I am a Disabled," I answer with ease. But Alvena puts down her fork and stops eating, seeming upset. "So now I am a resident of Argid."

"How unfortunate," Master Niles sympathizes. "Evelyn, was it?" I nod. "Even though you're disabled, I would still acknowledge you as a citizen of Ashenvale."

"Okay." Only Master Liam's glass is left. He holds it out for me, so I pour from there.

Master Niles leans in to his best friend and whispers, "Be a good boy. Don't drop it this time." Master Liam's eyebrow twitches as he brings his cup back to his lips. Something tells me he would not drop it this time, but even if he does, I can always catch it.

All in all, breakfast is as usual and I escort milady back to her room under Master's orders. Alvena tells me she does not need my services for now and instead go serve Master. He is not in his study nor inside the castle, so I go to the garden. Behind a thick vine in a hidden corner, I finally find him.

"Mast-" I hold myself, as I spot Master together with a familiar female guest from afar.  

*****

9/22/17 A/N: You guys are so awesome! Your votes/comments/reading lists/shares has brought Master's Vampire to yet another new high rank of #116!! I REALLY appreciate all your support :D

Hope to see you next Friday!!!