''That wasn't funny,'' Clay chimed in before Matthew could respond, causing the two brunettes in front of him to erupt in another roar of laughter. ''He saw that I didn't like him and he- he kept coming closer- Why do you keep laughing?!''

Devin climbs off of Jeff, allowing him to sit up on the couch, leaving more space for people to sit on.

Hannah was carrying a colorful teddy bear that was about the size of Matthew while Matthew himself held bags of popcorn and other goodies.

Devin tugs a strand of hair behind her ear and smiles meekly. ''Sounds like you guys had fun.''

''No,'' Clay barks. He points an accusing finger at the two he accompanied tonight. ''They, had fun. We did the tea cups right after eating dinner and I threw everything up, so we had to go back to Steak N' Shake and order myself another meal. Then, while I decided to eat my burger outside, this clown get's all up in my face-''

''He wanted Clay's burger!'' Matthew exclaims in laughter.

Jeff chuckles softly. ''Did he get the burger?''

Clay furrows his brows. ''No.'' He reaches into his doggy bag and reveals the small bite of the burger he had hidden from the clown. ''I was not going to lose my food the second time around.''

''What about you guys?'' Matthew jumped over the couch and plopped himself next to Devin while Hannah and Clay sat in the solo recliners. ''Was it as boring as I pictured?''

Devin flattens her lips into a straight line. ''Pretty much.''

''Well we brought dinner,'' Hannah perks up. ''Sorry we took so long.''

''No, it's fine,'' Jeff waves her off as he reaches over towards one of the bags on the coffee table that was labeled as Steak N' Shake. ''As long as you guys had fun.''

''What's that noise?'' Clay looks around the room with furrowed brows.

It was silent for a brief moment, the group listening in to see if anyone else could intake the noise Clay Jensen was hearing.

Devin's features contorted as she jumps onto her feet, heading towards the staircase as Hannah questions aloud, ''What is that?''

Devin's pace up the stairs grew as the sound became louder, the closer she got. She ran inside her room and grabbed her phone from the bed.

Catching a quick glimpse on the caller id, she answers the call, ''Yeah, mom?''

''Hey,'' You could hear her smiling on the other line. ''How's the trip so far?''

''Uh,'' She rests a hand on her hip. ''So far so good. Everyone's having fun.''

''And you?''

''Ugh,'' She throws her head back. ''I got my period today.''

''Ooh,'' She cooed. ''That must suck.''

''It does,'' The brunette pouts.

''Listen, I need you and Matt to come home early tomorrow.''