↷ NINETEEN

''It's your birthday!''

A loud groan emits from Devin's throat when she felt heavy pressure crawl over her backside that early Monday morning.

It was 7 : 06 am and Devin Greene was still in bed, laying on her stomach with her face stuffed in her pillow. This somehow gave Matthew Greene and Alyssa Greene the advantage to climb all over her in the comfort of her bed.

''Get up,'' Her mother exclaims, a bubbly giggle following along. ''I'm making breakfast this morning.''

Nothing had gotten Devin Greene to sit up faster this early in the morning in her entire life than the words that had left her mother's mouth. Even Matthews smile had disappeared as the two stared boredly at her.

''What?'' Her mother questions with furrowed brows.

''That,'' Devin blurts out. She then shakes her head. ''Is so not necessary.''

She scoffs another smile. ''What are you talking about? Of course it is.''

''Must we bring back 2015 for my birthday?'' Matthew mentions.

It was a day where Jacob Greene set up reservations at a restaurant for his birthday dinner before everyone had gotten changed to head for the skate park. Alyssa Greene, however, had one job.

Making the cake.

''Okay, that was completely different,'' Alyssa had waved him off.

Devin furrows her brows. ''How can you forget about the cake?''

Their mother had opened her mouth to speak but Matthew had intervened and added, ''When you hear birthday, you think about the cake.''

''So I messed up one birthday,'' She shrugs her shoulders. ''Sue me. I am still trying to be a good mom.''

Devin held a hand out and pursed her lips. ''Oh, don't get us wrong. You're like the best, but I don't think Matthew's birthday one year ago can fully top my tenth birthday.''

Alyssa threw her head back and exclaims while Matthew bursted into a roar of laughter. ''Oh my god!''

Devin Greene's tenth birthday had landed on a weekend, and given her extreme phase for Disney, Jacob and Alyssa had planned a trip on the Disney Cruise line, where they get to travel to the Bahamas.

Though, Alyssa had woken up late, and because she had woke up late, everyone else did as well. By the time they had gotten to the airport, they made it on a flight.