↷ TWENTY SEVEN

''Move

''Move.''

Lost in a tired daze, Jeffery Atkins hooded eyes darted for Devin's physique that snaked her way on top of him while laying on the couch and in his arms.

''But,'' He groans as she wiggles on top of him at an attempt to get comfortable in the right position. ''You said-''

''I know what I said,'' She cuts him off shortly. ''But I changed my mind.''

''Oh, yeah?'' She hums softly in response. ''How so?''

She snuggles into his chest and spoke in a small voice, you could barely hear. ''I rolled over and I didn't feel you there.'' She lifts up her head and rest her chin on his chest. ''I thought of the worse until I remembered you were down here.''

A corner of his lips quirk into a sly smirk. ''What do you mean by the worst?''

It wasn't like she could of exactly told him what first came to mind. Ever since the night of Kate's going away party, there was a small part of her subconscious that clouds her judgment and thoughts when it comes down to her relationship with Jeff.

She knows he was lying, and she knows that he's still hiding. But how do you get out the truth if it doesn't wanna be found?

She simply shrugs off the idea and shakes her head. ''Doesn't matter.''

He furrows his brows, wanting to ask her the sudden repression. If anything, she wanted for him to ask. It would only show that he's just as concerning, caring and in depth about her as she is of him.

If he were to ask her to elaborate, she wouldn't feel like the annoying hag cowering over him, constantly nagging about that one night over an instinct.

But, instead, he runs a hand up and down her back soothingly and mumbles, ''Okay.''

She could feel her heart drop into the endless pit of her stomach. ''Okay.''

She lays her head back on his to avoid eye contact. To be preferably honest, Devin didn't even want to lay with him at the moment. She wasn't sure if it was her period that's heightened her emotion and got her overthinking the smallest details, she couldn't help but wonder if this cabin trip was pushing them further apart?

The lights turned on, alarming the couple on the couch. That and their eyesight.

''Haha! Oh my god, did you see Clay around BoBo the Clown?'' Hannah Baker laughed right along side with Matthew Greene as they soon as they entered through the door.