↷ TWO

''You came!''

''You came!''

Her lips twitched into a faint smile. The wind blew, the cold degree caused goosebumps to arise on the expose skin of her arms.

She crosses her arms across her chest and rubs her hands up and down her arms.

''It's a Friday,'' She shrugs her shoulders. ''Why not?''

Her gaze was focus on the field.

The game already started, that was for sure. Her brown eyes that narrowed to slits scanned the players that all looked the same in matching uniforms, at attempt to find the one reason she came out tonight.

''Are you gonna stand there all night?'' Courtney exclaims, a smile wide on her lips as she looks up at her.

She scoots over and pats the available seat next to her, her friends eyeing her intensely.

''Come sit.''

Devin doesn't oblige. Instead, she take what she was offered and remains her gaze out on the field.

She had no interest of communicating much with Coutney when her friends were around.

Whatever Courtney felt, her emotions were mimicked, as if they were minions.

''I'm glad you changed your mind,'' Courntey starts up the conversation with her usual perky and generous appeal. ''The team wanted a lot of school spirit for the first game.''

''Key word; a lot,'' She prompts, her eyes averting from the game towards everyone taking up seats on the bleachers.

''There he is,'' One of her friends squeal, alarming them all to squeal.

Folding her hands into her lap, Devin peers over at the group that broke out into a total fan girl moment.

''Who?'' She asked.

''Number Twelve.''

Her gaze darted for the field once again, Her gaze landed on the big blue print on the runner up batter. On the back of his uniformed that outlined his broad shoulders as he came running up to first base. He does the usual, almost typical baseball move when hitting his wooden bat against the base twice before lifting the wooden structure up and around his shoulders, his body leaning back.

The pitcher threw his arm back and in just a blink of an eye, the ball was soaring.

''Come on, Number Twelve.''