Chapter Four

The test was simple.

It was most likely the easiest thing I've every had to complete in my life, maybe a little exaggerated, but it was easy. I could see however, many people in the room didn't believe the test to be as easy as they were hoping. Many looking stressed or anxious over the written part. We had completed everything else, but the jutsu portion.

"To think you are trying. I didn't think you'd let go of the mask so easily" I heard from inside my head.

" I didn't try. I fucked up. I got zoned out and my body moved on it's own. Since I passed the first test I said screw it and tired on the rest" I said.

"So you passed a test by not trying, but your suppose to not try to keep your mask up. So you still didn't try and ended up getting top scores, so in the end you still didn't try?" He asked. My head spinning slightly at all the try's thrown at me. His face held a grin as he sat in front of me. His tails swaying back and forth in the open grass field.

I continued to admire my work I did on the change of mind scape. I had quickly changed it shortly after meeting Kurama. Thinking he'd appreciate the gesture. In the end he really did. Besides, a sewer is to mainstream for a demon.

I wait d patiently in my seat to wait for my name to be called in for the second part of the exam. Watching in amusement when everyone else went over the proper motions to the jutsu. Or some who were so over confident they would brag before even going in. I found myself enjoying it in little ways. My face was mostly blank. Giving off the feeling of calm and composed. No one even bothered to look at me as everyone most likely expected me to fail miserably. And no one had to say it. The glances I got from them to the snide snickers were enough to know. I didn't really care much really.

While most wouldn't pass I knew I would, unless it was rigged in a way that no matter how high I scored, I'll come out as failing. I wouldn't even have to fix it because Kakashi would be waiting patiently for me to tell me I had passed. The moment I reveal I hadn't and why I didn't. He'd simply say he had to go out and he would fx it without me saying a thing.

"Naruto Uzumaki" I glanced up to see Iruka-sensei looking up at me with a clipboard in hand. A tiny fond smile appeared on my lips before I began to grin like the idiot I pretended to be. My face hurting from all the fake smiling and happy expressions.

I didn't mind Iruka. At first we had gotten off on the wrong foot. He was just like everyone else but hid it with the morals that he was a teacher and needed to get along with his students. He would sometimes scold me without understanding. However he's caught my moments where the mask would slip away. Where I was vulnerable and just plain me. He understood in his own way. He began to work with me and praised me and he cared for me. He didn't fake anything, and I was almost sure he knew I was not who I pretended to be. How much of my facade was real and fake. He would scold me about certain things with a knowing look, and I was almost positive he had put the pieces together. However, we had never brought it up. He never mentioned it and I never asked. It was a mutual understanding we had between each other. However I could tell he was getting more curious.

I may have only mentioned Kurama and Kakashi was the people I cared most about, but I knew deep down I cared just as much for Iruka and would protect him.

I stood from my spot and hurried down to Iruka. Hearing the familiar whispers and chuckles of laugher from some of my class about how I wouldn't pass and many repeating what they've heard from the villagers. A tiring sigh leaving my lips from the ridiculous antics of everyone that just seemed to get old. Yes. I've heard I'm a demon and am nothing but a nuisance. Make something knew up. This talk is old news.