Ch3 (needles? no thanks!)

I wake up with and ear-splitting headache but that is nothing compared to the pain I feel on the left side of my torso. I open my eyes but close them straight away, but it’s way too bright. But I have to get out of here. I open my eyes again but this time keeping them open, I look around and see Damon the Alpha sleeping in a chair next to the bed I’m in. Does he really care? Stop! Don’t get distracted! No one has cared for you in a long time, you don’t need it now either!

I slide out of bed slowly and quietly but lean on my wound side and cry out in pain as I fall to the ground. I couldn’t tell what was going on around me as I was in pain but I did feel the strong arms around me that made me feel safe once again. “ai…, Kai!” I hear, I turn my head to see Damon I’m in his arms. On his Lap!? On the bed I had just climbed (Okay, well more like fell) out of. “What?” I yell back he is slightly startled with my reaction as are the other doctors in the room “Are you okay?” Damon asks softly “Ani” *No* I say shaking my head.

“Where does it hurt?” he asks me “Wae?” *Why?* he looks at me strangely and I realise I’m speaking Korean “Why? Why do you even care?” I yell and before he can reply I say “Let me go” as I struggle to get out of his grip. “I’m not letting go!” he states calmly which causes me to stop struggling and glare at him then scream “Wae?” *Why?* at him. “Because you’re my mate” he says like it’s the most obvious thing in the world. But the thing is I don’t even properly understand what a mate is, I was born and grew up alone without anyone to teach me.

He seemed to sense my distress and he turned my head to face him and said “Kai, what’s wrong?” I open my mouth to tell him what’s on my mind when I realise that’s exactly what he wants, me to break in front of him so he can ‘help’ me so that I will give myself to him. Not going to happen! I give him a sharp glare then swiftly turn my head to face away from him. I heard him sigh, he then places me on the bed next to him and then gets up himself and starts to leave. He gets to the door when one of the nurses comes up to me with a needle. Now I’m not often scared but needles are bloody scary. I freak and run straight through the door Damon just opened, I run down a corridor, then another one and another one when I come to a dead end.

I hear Damon walking towards me “Kai, stop trying to run off” he said harshly, obviously trying to keep his wolf at bay I twist around to face him and yell at him “Naneun baneul eul gajigo issji anhda” *I am not having a needle*. He looks at me confused “What?” he said, I was about to answer him when another nurse came down the corridor to give me a sedative. I backed myself into a corner and huddled into a ball to stop myself from screaming out in fear “STOP” Damon’s loud voice boomed out, he picked me up bridle style and I hid my head in the crook of his neck as he turned back to the nurse and said “I shall be taking her home, the doctor can come to us for the check-ups” he said in his Alpha command.