Chapter 4-Rooming With You

Angel P.O.V

Since Oscar went home to see his family, Luis and I were in one two-bedroom suite. I was extremely nervous because Luis and I had barely found out each other's names just yesterday. If Luis is as closed off as he is at work, things will be pretty awkward around here. And I know I can't just take off because that would be extremely rude.

This morning I had woken up at ten in the morning and decided to cook breakfast. If my Mama ever taught me anything, it's that good food can bring people together in ways words can't. So I figured this would be one good way to try and bond with Luis.

The aroma of chorizo y papas filled the air and made my mouth water, even if my legs were aching. Chorizo y papas take forever to make, but it's my favorite thing to eat in the morning. That and French toast, but I don't have any vanilla extract, so that is not happening.

I heard a door open, and when I turned around, I saw Luis walking into the living room. He was wearing his light blue mask with dark blue, plaid pajama pants, and a white shirt that hugged his body.

My heart began to race with excitement, and I tried to contain it. If now wasn't a good time to get to talk to Luis then I dont know what is. No Rey, no work; just me and him in one suite. I dont know what I have done to make Luis not want to talk to me but I really hope I dont blow it. Es tells me i am always so giddy and hyper so perhaps I should try to be calm when I talk to him.

"Good morning." I say to him in Spanish, smiling at him warmly as I stirred the food in the pan."You hungry?"

"Yes, please." Luis nodded his head lightly.

"Okay." I chirped and threw a tortilla on the skillet.

Things had gone quiet after that, so I was trying to think up something to say. I was thinking about talking about Mexico, but my experiences with it are not all that friendly. I have not lived there since I was thirteen, so it's not like I knew a lot about Mexico.

When the tortilla was done, I grabbed a plate and threw the tortilla on it. Then I placed some chorizo y papas on the tortilla and then handed it to Luis.

"Thank you," Luis said calmly.

"Your welcome." I chirped and placed another tortilla on the skillet.

I looked at Luis in the corner of my eye to see if he'd take off his mask. But I watched as he lifted his mask just past his nose. Allowing me to see his nose and full lips.

"Damn," I said and let out a small laugh.

"What?" Luis asked me before taking another bite.

"I thought you were going to take the mask off." I giggled as I put another burrito in front of him.

"I'm not gonna take my mask off because you made food for me, Angel." Luis chuckles.

"I know, but I thought you would have to take it off before you eat." I blush as I sat down with my own plate.

Things got awkwardly quiet, and I just sat there rubbing my arm

"So...you speak Spanish?" Luis asked me calmly.

"Yes?"

"Are you from Mexico?" Luis asks.

"Yes, I'm from Colima."

"Colima," Luis said, and I could tell he sounded a little surprised.

"Yeah." I said."I was in an orphanage until my Mom adopted me and brought me to California."

"I see, so I take it you're not very fond of Mexico?" He asks me.

"I just stick with the tourist places." I laughed lightly.