9.Guard

Indeed, the night was more than warm which was a bit odd for a northern country like Clarines.

"So, what brings you here? Perhaps I could accompany you on the way?"

Kiki was a reliable friend to Zen. She had been protecting and comforting him even before I had met him. To see her so close, I noticed her violet eyes and golden silky hair were of quite a beauty.

Nothing like my dull black hair and bland dark eyes. Even my sister had hair different from mine. Hers was a majestic flow of dark brown hair and many say her eyes shine like diamonds.

"I think I'll be fine. I just have some news for Zen." I said and Kiki nodded in understanding. "Alright. Perhaps I will see you again. Zen did give the duty of being assistance for you." she said and smiled.

"I see. I shall give my gratitude to him and also," she waited for me to continue. "You. Thank you for always protecting Zen."

"As I should."

With that, we said our night greetings and went on our ways. When I finally reached Zen's quarters, he was sleeping on his desk which I guessed was pretty normal by now.

I quietly walked over to him and watched him sleep. He seemed so peaceful. As if living a dream itself. My mind wondered over how happy he would be once I tell him the news.

"Sh-shirayukii...."

Wait, did he just? Call for Shirayuki?? Perhaps so.

She seems like a better companion than I can ever be. I was simply a matter of arrangement. A stranger from another place. A princess bound to his future.

I grabbed a blanket from his closet and placed it over him. I do want to properly send him to bed but if I woke him up right then, I was afraid he might start off with his work again.

I tip-toed myself out of the room before closing the door as gently as possible. Then, I decided to have a good night's sleep.

Which I couldn't.

Meanwhile in Zen's chambers...

"..ra...!" Zen mumbled as he felt the warmth embracing him. He had dreamt about love that was neither parental or friendly.

It was romance. He felt it rush through his veins whenever Lera was around. But then again, he felt a different way with Shirayuki.

"...?!"

He woke up to the sound of footsteps fading away. Funny how he never noticed when she was right next to him. He grasped the blanket placed on his frame and snuggled into it.

"Lera....I want to see you..."

♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢

I groggily woke myself up for the next morning. The sunlight glared at me harshly and I could barely keep my eyes open. Until Kinare came rushing in with a huge box which had a bow on it.

"Milady! Milady! The welcoming party is today!!!" she alerted and it surprised me. I had forgotten about the welcoming party!

"Oh no! I'm going to arrive late!! Let me clean myself quickly." I literally jumped out of bed to the washroom.

"And what's this?" I pointed at the box she was carrying earlier, now placed on my bed. "Oh, that is he dress Prince Izana has chosen for milady to wear." Kinare replied. "Now, we should hurry. I shall assist you with the dress and hair."

That Izana....he didn't have to do this. I mean, he could have at least chosen me a duller one. This dress is too sparkly and gorgeous for someone like me.

"Finally finished! You look amazing, Milady!" Kinare complimented and I looked at myself in the mirror. My hair was tied into a proper bun with curls down both sides of my face. A head jewel was placed to hold the hair in place and the dress was beyond my expectations too.

It was emerald green with matching heels, which I had problems with at first but adjusted to it afterwards. "You're going to be the belle of the ball, milady!"

"Hopefully, but my intention is to look appropriate. I only wish I don't ruin anything." I sighed. Kinare, noticing my glum behaviour, quickly became enthusiastic on my make-up and keot cheering me up.

"Thank you, Kinare. I'll be off then." I said to Kinare and I finally approached the royal garden where the event was being held. Several crowds of honoured guests were already there but all eyes faced to turn to me when I made my entrance.

No more acting like a frail princess. I could feel my confidence bursting as I approached towards Izana with whom I supposed, was the first prince of Tanbarun.

"How nice it is for to join us. Prince Raj, this is supposedly the new princess of Clarines." Izana pointed out to the brown haired man and I curtsied to show poise.

"Aaaah!! I have heard of you!! And your sister too!! Surely, it's an honour to see a former Arinos princess here." the brunette exclaimed, making me feel a bit irritated on how he mentioned my sister.

Surely, he couldn't have any involvement with my sister. Just then, I saw him smirk with pride towards me. Or does he?

"Well, it's a pleasure to know you as well." I replied back gracefully. I smiled to show him that I didn't care about his drama.

Then, I felt a warm sensation on my hand and realised Izana was holding me. "My apologies, but I have a matter to solve with Princess Lera here. May I?" Izana asked with a demanding voice as prince Raj nodded his head replying a yes.

Izana dragged me to the center of the event, catching many guests' attention as we walked by. "What's going on?" I asked in a whisper. "You'll see." he replied and he stopped at his destination.

"My good honoured guests, it's apparent that this party is hosted to greet the arrival of the Prince of Tanbarun," he said. The guests clapped to norify him to continue. "but I would like to make an announcement as well."

I gulped in anxiety. What is he trying to say?

"I want everyone to now know that I am courting Princess Lera to become my lover and even better, my wife. Although her future husband has not been decided, I want everyone and especially her to know that I am serious about my feelings towards her."

It was a jaw-dropping announcement and everyone stood up from their places to applaud loudly to Izana's statement. I was speechless and Izana turned his face to me, making me feel shy but I gathered my courage to look at him.

He smiled before lowering to give a peck on my cheek. This was the second time he had showed love affections physically towards me but my blushing effect was no less.

I could feel my cheeks heating up and he interwined his hands with mine, not minding he people around us. No words were expressed by me as the party gradually approached its end.

After the party, I told Izana that he didn't need to escort me back to my room as I knew he had more important matters to deal with. I was approaching back to my room as I felt footsteps following me.

I glanced back a bit but I couldn't make out who it was so I decided to run faster. Though my pace was fastened, the footsteps still could be heard no further from me.

I was about to scream for help before the stranger took hold of my shoulders and I let out a small yelp. Finally, I felt calm. It wasn't any stranger or invaders like from my imagination.

It was Mitsuhide and he said he needed me to follow him.

But to where?