Chapter 3- A request

I sat on the infirmary bed watching as Ruby paced around the room. 'Why is she so worried? It's just a small wound' I thought as she started mumbling to herself.

Finally a doctor came in and treated my wounds as Ruby just sat next to me. It started to sting once he applied some dust on it, which caused Ruby to freak slightly. I just gave her a reassuring smile as the pain stopped, and the doctor left saying to rest for the day.

I just sat there awkwardly as Ruby looked down..blushing? I looked over at her and saw her face was almost as read as her cape. It was cute very cute.

Me: so, did you like our performance

Wait! Hold up, why do I care if she liked it? What does it matter, we passed that's all that mattered. Or is there something more..?

Ruby: y-yea you guys were awesome! Totally like *pew* *pow* it was the coolest thing ever!! Speaking of which what weapons were those? I've never seen anything like it.

I chuckled at the sudden outburst and smiled. 'She sure is something else, almost like..forget it' I pushed my thoughts away

Me: the ones I was using are the DC 15A it's the main blaster rifle used in the Republic and can be configured to a sniper rifle. It fires a blue plasma bolt capable of destroying most droid targets in one shot. As for my pistol the DC 17 it's a well know blaster used mainly by Captain Rex and other well known captains and commanders

She took all this in relatively easily and smiled looking down while twiddling her fingers

Ruby: sooo..is there a chance I could..you know..

Me: shot them? Yes there is

She jumped up excitedly and pumped her fists in the air while giggling and screeching in excitement. I smiled and watched her. 'Why do I get so happy seeing her, what is this feeling?' I thought as my heart started beating against my chest and my stomach started churning in nervousness.

Ruby then turned and hugged me. I tensed up but relaxed feeling her warmth soon returning the hug. It felt like the world stopped moving, like everything didn't exist anymore, like all there was was me and Ruby nothing else.

We separated and both looked away  flustered. My heart started beating rapidly as I felt my face burn up. 'W-what's going on?' I thought as I finally gained enough courage to look in her eyes. Those silver eyes stared back at me and I swear I've never seen so much happiness and joy in anyone's eyes before. It was beautiful.

Sadly that moment could not last forever as both ace and yang busted through the door.

Ace: what's going on in here?!

Yang: YOU BETTER NOT HAVE TOUCHED MY BABY!

I jumped back slightly at the sudden noise and looked at the culprits. Which was none other then ace and yang. I expected ace but yang not so much, though I don't know her that well yet.

Ruby: w-we weren't d-doing anything!

Ruby managed to get out while I just kept looking back and forth between Ruby, Ace, and Yang.

Me: what's going on?

Ace just shakes his head and laughs while yang is hugging Ruby protectively.

Ace: nothing don't worry about it, now hurry we got class in like...

He checks his watch, which ozpin gave him, as his eyes widen

Ace: OH SITH! IN TWO MINUTES!

They jumped up and ran out the door waving back at me. I smiled and waved soon laying down bored out of my mind. 'I should've went with them, buuut I could use the rest' I thought to myself.

Me: welp may as well get some shut eye

I relaxed and soon succumbed to the tugging sensation of sleep.

4 hours later:

Ruby: Hey!! Wake up!

Me: huh!

I shot up and looking around me for the thing that woke me and found Ruby standing by the bed arms crossed. 'Uhh..did I do something?'

Ruby: Get up, your friends want you to go to vale with them

Me: umm why didn't they say that themselves?

Ruby looked slightly flushed and looked away

Ruby: stop asking questions and get ready to go!

Me: alright alright I'm going

I said this as I got up, patted Ruby on the head and walked to the dorm room, Ruby in tow, blushing.

We walked in silence, not necessarily a awkward one, but rather just a calm silence. I watched as the walls passed by as we walked, it felt like I was in a dream. Moving without knowing or thinking, like all I've been doing my entire life was walking down theses halls.

After a few more minutes of walking we reached my dorm room. I knocked on the door and waited. And waited. And waited. After five or so minutes passed I just opened the door to find...everyone passed out.

Me:'sigh' of course

Ruby: well do you just...uhhh..want to go with me?

I scratch the back of my head for second thinking. 'Would this be what ace calls a 'date'. I shrug the thought away and decide to accept.

Me: sure why not

Ruby jumps up in excitement which I must say was quite cute. After her out burst of joy and happiness she ran out the dorm saying she'll be ready at around six.

Authors notes:
I'm not dead yay. I apologize for the extremely late update, I was moving all over the place from rv park to rv park and finally a house so I haven't had much time to write my story. Also school hasn't been nice with me either, and being in a musical cuts down the time I have to type this buuuut I won't let that stop me from publishing this story no matter how long it'll take and I hope you guys are ok with that. Thanks for reading and I hope you have a great day.