Life Or Death

S Y M P H O N Y

I held Michael's limp body in my arms, and cried into his neck. This couldn't be real,  I felt like I was losing him,  losing a piece of me that I couldn't and wouldn't live without. The sirens were close but they still seemed so far, if I waited another minute he'd die in my arms.

I laid him on the floor and attempted to perform CPR on him.  I never paid attention to my teacher in High School when they taught us this stuff but ama sure as hell try. I laced my fingers and placed them I'm the center of just chest,  counted to three and pushed with all my might.  After the 7th push Michael eyes flew opened unexpectedly. 

" Breath Michael,  you'll be fine " I managed to say between cries.  He stared into my eyes and began gasping for air, my mind was gone.

" Breath Michael,  just breath slow"

As he started to get his breath under control,  the paramedics bursted through his double doors. The police officer helped me off the floor and pulled me outside along with my sisters. As Micheal was being rolled to the ambulance Chyna showed up and screaming. 

" Whats going on?  What the fuck happened to my babydaddy! " She yelled angrily. I wiped my tears soaked face and walked to my car . She followed me and grabbed my arm,  turning me around. 

" This is none of your damn business,  stay away from Michael.  If not you'll get the same thing " She spat and walked away laughing. 

What she meant by same thing? Did she do this to Michael?  She put him in this situation? I got into the car , but couldn't pull off without breaking down.  I had to pull it together for the sake of my girls , I knew they were watching me . Driving wasn't any easier,  my eyes were getting flooded by tears constantly. I couldn't see the street,  so I pulled over to gain my composure.

" There was always a song Granny would sing to me when I cried. No matter the case. A scraped knee,  broken heart or a loss " I spoke aloud,  but not to anyone in particular. 

I slowly walked into my Granny house,  but the pain was so unbearable that I constantly stopped. Im getting familiar with this pain,  and I know it's not a good thing.  My Granny walked into the living room and stared at me but I avoided her eyes and made my way to the bathroom.  She followed me and stopped the door with her foot.
" What's going on Symby? "
I couldn't respond I just cried as the memories rushed back into my mind.  The doctor invading my vagina with his tools , The smell,  and my cries that were heard through the clinic.  The baby my mother was responsible for and the second child I'd been forced to abort.  I fell to my knees in tears and my Granny cried with my,  cradling me in her arms. 
" Too many storms have passed your way
And you're all washed out cause it rained on your parade
Seems nobody cares about you anyway
Now you're living your life like a castaway
Search for strength inside was it all in vain
Cause the deeper you dig you find more and more pain
Don't let your tomorrow be like yesterday
Cause I spoke to God I called out your name
And on your behalf I just asked
If He would be there for you
I want you to be blessed, don't live life in distress
Just let go let God, He'll work it out for you
I pray that your soul will be blessed
Forever in His hands for you deserve
His best no les
sEnter a place where you never have to cry
Never have to live a lie, never have to wonder why
Never want for nothin' your always satisfied
In the peace that His arms will provide
He will erase any guilt or shame
Any bad habits you got you wont wanna do 'em again
Yes we all can change I can testify
See I spoke to God,
I called out your name
And on your behalf I just askedIf He would be there for you "

I found comfort in my memories of my Granny. She was the only person that ever truly cared about me. She loved me unconditionally and never dared to do the things my mother did.  Her death changed me for the worse.  I turned into a cold , heartless woman. She was my world and I'd never care for anyone in this universe the way I that I cared for her. 

I rushed to the hospital after dropping my girls to London's.  The waiting room was packed with people for Michael.  His family in one section , YMCMB in another,  Last Kingz In The Middle,  And Hoes Scattered Everywhere. I just stood by the receptionist.

" Hey,  I'm Honey.  Your SymBunny Right? " She smiled and tried to cheer me up but I couldn't see the pain and fear in her eyes along with the bags from crying.

" Yeah "

" Michael talks about you alot.  He likes you alot apparently "

"He's a good friend " I tried to smile. 

" Trust me,  it'll get better.  Whoever did this got HELL to pay " I couldn't do anything but hug her.  She embraced me,  even when I began to cry on her Versace shirt. 

* 6 Hours Later *

Honey and I were the only ones still here.  I promised Micheals mother I'd call her as soon as I heard from the doctors.  We waited since 3 P.M. and the doctors gave us no information.  I just wanted to see him,  just to see if he was alright.  Even though I knew Chyna caused all of this,  a little piece of me blamed myself.  If I wouldn't have let him leave my house maybe he'd be walking around and preparing to be a father.  According to Honey,  Micheal didn't think it was his but I knew he still had second thoughts.

Dr. Benjamin walked into the waiting room and smiled at us , signaling for us to come to him.  We almost sprinted to him. 

" Where is everyone?  " He questioned

" They went home to shower and get

some rest,  but We needed to stay. "

Honey answered while taking a hold of my hand

" Well,  Micheal lost a tremendous amount of blood.  Almost half of his blood to be exact. But thankfully there was no internal bleeding. He's expected to  make a full recovery ladies " I felt like a boulder was lifted off of my shoulders.  He'd be Okay. Micheal will be fine.

" What were his injuries exactly ? "

" He had several stab wounds.  The weapon was a kitchen butcher knife.  He suffered a stab wound to his left wrist,  his back and left shoulder blade. Micheal fought for his life, and He conscious if you want to see him "

" Oh,  Okay.  Honey you go first.  "

After almost an hour,  Honey returned smiling.  Her face was glowing and radiant,  and I could tell it was caused by Micheal. 

" My brother is fine,  He so ready to see you . I'll be out here " She laughed. 

Approaching his room,  I was terrified.  Terrified of his appearance , of his attitude towards me.  Has it changed?  Did He blame me? Does He still feel the same way?  I poked my head inside and seen him watching television.  His shoulder was wrapped up,  and He had a miniature cast around his wrist. Micheals head quickly turned in my direction and a gigantic grin formed across his face.

" Symphony ! " He screamed , I ran to him, jumped on the bed and wrapped my arms around him.  Forgetting about his condition until He let out a small groan.  But He held me tight and I cried into his right shoulder. 

" I'm so sorr- " He interrupted me with a kiss. The most passionate kiss I've ever revcieved . I pulled away and started crying. 

" Micheal,  your only doing this because of your situation.  Dont make me fall for you if your going to change when your healed.  "

" Healed , Dead,  Or wounded.  I will always feel this way about you. I fucking love you Symphony.  I don't know how or when but I know it happened,  and I don't want it to stop.  The truth is , You shouldn't fall for me and I don't want you to"

" I know and - "

" I was hoping you would have been fell for me like I been fell for you "