The two looked at Haruhi and then sideways at the girls who were blushing at the sight of Haruhi. Hikaru and Kaoru stuck out their tongues at one another and wondered just how dense this girl was. They were aware that Haruhi was popular among many of the girls but after she began growing her hair out and tied it in a small ponytail that flowed behind her at the back, she grew increasingly popular. 

"Haruhi, there's no host club today so do you want to come to our house?" Kaoru questioned.

"Nice idea, Kaoru!" Hikaru gave a thumbs-up to his brother. "Haruhi, come!"

"I refuse," she flatly stated.

The two pouted. "Why? they whined.

"Unlike you two, I have to keep my grades up and there's homework to do. Don't bother me with an idea like that," Haruhi answered. "I'm going home and studying."

"Boring," the two said in unison.

A tick mark grew on Haruhi's head as she slid open the classroom door. "Well, I'm sorry that I'm boring," her mouth twitching.

"Take your seats, everyone," the teacher said as he walked in. 

Everyone took their seats and as always, another monotonous day at Ouran High School passed. But unlike the usual days, today seemed much different to Haruhi. After school was over, she was going to go visit her father and that was enough to make her day. 

But, what she dreaded soon came. It was her break and Haruhi decided to go stroll around the school, seeing that she had finished her homework earlier on. She just didn't realize that she finished it. As she walked, she looked up and paled. It was Tamaki. But seeing Kyoya next to him, something inside her relaxed. She furrowed her eyes in question and ignored the feeling just now. She had to deal with the annoying blonde-haired person before her right now.

"Haruhi~!" he cried out, tears in his eyes. "I missed you so much, my daughter."

"For your information, I'm not your daughter," she stated. "Let go of me, Tamaki-senpai."

She pushed him off of her and dusted herself. Tamaki looked at her with puppy-eyes but she didn't pay heed to him. She hated people like him the most yet she didn't particularly hate him all the way. Probably because he reminded her of her father. 

"Mother, daughter's being mean," Tamaki went flying over to Kyoya for solace.

"That's not my business," Kyoya stated. "How're your classes going, Haruhi?" 

Haruhi gulped, surprised by his level of calmness in his voice and at how normal he sounded. As if the two hadn't met since yesterday's Host Club. 

"It's fine," she replied. 

"What're you doing out here then?" Tamaki asked, curious. "Don't you have classes?"

"It's my break right now. I finished my homework early on so I was just strolling through the school grounds," she answered.

"Is that so, then you want to stroll with us?" Tamaki exclaimed excitedly.

"No," she flatly replied.

"Tamaki, we have our own classes to attend to. Did you forget already?" Kyoya reminded him. "Anymore, and we're going to be late."

Tamaki glanced to the clock tower and seeing the time, he panicked. "Sorry, Haruhi! I have to go! One more thing, I hope your dinner with your father last night was fine!" 

"It was," she smiled.

"Good," he grinned back and ran off. 

Haruhi and Kyoya were left alone and the two looked towards the ground, looking at everything but each other's faces. Just as the two were about to speak up, they were notified of the approaching seniors. Haninozuka Mitsukuni and Morinozuka Takashi.