Chapter 20

A few hours had passed, and I was still in the hospital. "Scuse me but, are you Sidney Crosby?" The receptionist asked.

"Yes ma'am I am." I tried to smile but couldn't.

"You can go visit Kelsey now."

***

I walked very slowly into her room, not even knowing if she were dead or not.

"K-Kelsey?" She slowly opened her eyes.

"H-hi. S-Sid-Sidney." I was happy she wasn't dead.

"Why?" I wasn't trying to get upset. "Why'd you do it? For Christ's sake Kelsey." She closed her eyes.

"Because my life is over." I didn't believe that.

"Kelsey Dixon, you are beautiful. Don't you ever say that your life is over just because someone won't talk to you." I could see tears start to well up in her eyes.

"You mean the ones who have given birth to me?! The one who was always by my side?! Yeah sure." The room fell silent. "Look, I'm not feeling well and I'm in a ton of pain. So I'm just gonna get some sleep." You do that then. I'm outta this place.

"Bye Kelsey."

KELSEY'S POV

I woke up a few hours later, not remembering where I was. "What the hell?! Where the hell is my hand?!" I screamed.

"Calm down Kelsey! You cut it off last night. You'll be fine. They're gonna stitch it back on and do some surgery on your hand, okay?" Who was talking to me?!

"Um...o-okay...? W-who are you?" The person sat on the edge of my bed.

"I'm Brandon Sutter. It's me? The perv? Remember?" Nope.

"Sorry, but I don't know you. Who calls you a perv? You're too cute to be a perv." He smiled.

"Nah, but thanks though."

***

Someone else came into my room. More company, great. I'm tired people! Leave me alone!

***

"Hi Kelsey." A whole throng of people?! Just what I needed.

"Um hi? You all must be friends with...that guy." I forgot his name again.

"Um yeah. Kinda." The one who just spoke put his hands in his pockets.

"Well...who are you guys?" I asked.

"The Pittsburgh Penguins. Let me rephrase-." I put my hands up.

"No need. Where's the coach? Doesn't he have to be in here while-?" I was cut off by a doctor.

"We're ready now if you are." I held up my broken off hand.

"Yeah. I'm ready." I smiled.

"Good luck Kelsey." I think that was Brandon Sutter.

"I love you Kels." Who the hell was that?!

"Um thanks? But seriously-?" I was wheeled out.

***

I had felt sick going into the surgery, (I'm allowed to, right?) and with it all said and done, I was still feeling this sickening feeling in my stomach.

"How'd it go?"

Brandon and his friend were waiting for me when I was wheeled back in.

"Just fine gentlemen. Her hand is back on and back to normal. She did lose an unfortunate amount of blood, so we may need you two gentlemen to donate at least 3 pints each, just so she can live." I saw Brandon's friend look upset.

"Please don't cry," I said quietly.

"I'm not," he spoke up, "I'm just...just..." He stopped.

"It's perfectly alright to be scared, as I would be if I were you. I'm going now, but please call if there is anything wrong okay?" I nodded as he walked out.

"You okay?" Brandon's friend asked me.

"Yeah...I'll be...fine." I was starting to lose consciousness.

SUTTER'S POV

"Sid, we should probably donate that blood...you in?" He nodded.

"Anything for Kelsey. We should get the whole team in on this." Sidney shuddered.

"Yeah. I'll go find the rest of-." I grabbed his arm.

"Look at her. You can't just leave me with her!" I stated.

"True. I'm going to find a doctor so we can do this." No.

"No, we're going to find a doctor so we can do this together." I took one last look at Kelsey before we left to save her life.

A/N

I'm sorry this was also another short chapter, but they will get longer. I've been in Florida all week so I've been kinda shitty with updating. Sorry:(

BUT...the chapters will be longer (like 2-3 pgs a chapter) and the story will die down (the action gets less and less.) bc I am nearing the end of "Catch Me".

I HOPE Y'ALL ENJOYED "CATCH ME" AS MUCH AS I DID WRITING IT!!

I'm deciding on a sequel, but idk yet.